𝖝. 𝖉𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊

Start from the beginning

"Weems said the two of you would be stopping by. But to be honest, after your performance at the Harvest Festival, Wednesday, the drama club might be more your speed." Bianca mocks. Hades takes an intimidating step forward with his arms crossed. He knows that Wednesday is able to handle herself but he wants to make sure everyone knows that the Addams family are not to be messed with.

Wednesday ignores the comment and lowers her voice. "After I passed out, who did you tell? The sheriff?"

Bianca almost scoffs. "You think I'd trust normie cops? I went straight to Weems and let her handle it." Wednesday looks slightly surprised at this before Bianca raises her voice so the rest of the group can hear. "Anyway, let's get this audition over with. What are you? Alto, soprano or just loco?" The choir chuckles as Hades just rolls his eyes. If they think he is going to be singing then they're even more stupid than he initially thought.

The pianist plays a note and Hades lets Wednesday show them her talents. She opens her mouth and seemingly no sound comes out. The pianist's glasses shatter as the group look around in confusion.

"What was that?" Bianca questions.

"A note only dogs can hear." Hades responds, arms still folded. The sooner they get this over with, the sooner he can get back to Persephone. It's safe to say that the two would not be joining Bianca's acapella group. They walk off as the 'Pitch Slaps' start singing the most obnoxiously upbeat tune Hades has ever had the displeasure of hearing.

◇ ◇ ◇

Their next stop was the archery club. As a skilled sharpshooter, this is more Hades' thing. Swords, knives, bows and arrows... He's an expert in anything involving combat and sharp objects. They approach the archery range as Xavier is preparing to shoot an arrow. He fires it as they stand next to him, the arrow hitting one of the outer circles of the target. Hades scoffs. The last time he didn't hit the bullseye of the target, he ended up shooting down an American Bald Eagle.

"Huh. You actually showed up." Xavier comments, mainly aiming it towards Wednesday. "Ever shot a bow and arrow before?"

"Only on live targets." Wednesday replies, so Xavier shifts his attention to Hades.

"Of course I have, we're not animals." He scoffs at the silly question.

"Okay." Xavier raises his eyebrows at their answers before choosing to move on. He picks up an arrow and starts to teach them. "Square stance. Load the arrow like this, yellow side out. Three fingers. Pull back and... let it fly. Any questions?"

"How could you possibly miss the centre twice?" Hades shakes his head, wondering how Xavier became captain of this club. Xavier is about to respond when Wednesday cuts in.

"When's the last time you saw your roommate Rowan?" Hades now understands why Wednesday was so eager to try this club. He should've known she had ulterior motives.

"Oh, you mean the one that was killed by a monster?" Xavier taunts, reaching for another arrow. "The Harvest Festival. I haven't talked to him since. But his side of the room was all packed up this morning. Rowan's always been a little off but, uh, the last couple weeks he's been more erratic. You know, telekinesis can mess with your head, you know. He's... It started to freak me out." Xavier raises the bow again, releasing the arrow as he asks a question of his own, "So what's the deal with you and Tyler?"

Hades groans as he watches him miss the centre again. He mutters, "Come on! Seriously!"

He is, once again, ignored for the drama going on with Wednesday. "I'm sorry, were you the only one who got to ask non-archery questions here?"

"There is no deal. He was doing me a favour driving me out of town."

"Yeah, word of advice. Steer clear." Xavier warns, handing the bow to Wednesday. Before she can grab it, Hades rips it out of Xavier's hand. He doesn't care what is going on between the boy and his sister. What he does care about is the frustration of the boy missing the damn target.

"Why? Because he's a normie?" Wednesday rolls her eyes at her brother's enthusiasm for archery.

"Tyler and his friends are a bunch of jerks." Hades grabs an arrow from behind him, ready to show this boy how to properly shoot an arrow. "They can't stand that this school's propping up their Podunk town."

"Says the boy whose life was served to him on a silver platter." Wednesday retorts. Hades can't help but feel like he's intruding on a conversation that doesn't involve him. He doesn't even know why Wednesday asked him to come along with her. Spotting Persephone walking towards him, he smirks, readying his stance.

"Hey, girls in glass houses-"

"Should throw bigger stones." Wednesday cuts him off, grabbing an apple for Hades to shoot at. "At least I'm not an elitist snob." She throws the blood red apple into the air, Hades draws the arrow back and releases it. The arrow pierces the apple before stabbing straight into the centre of the target.

Whoa." Persephone gasps, impressed by his skills. This causes Hades' smirk to widen as he turns to give her a playful bow. Hades loved being able to show off for her and basked in the gentle applause she offered him. She smiled, whispering a small, "Bravo, Monsieur."

"Ouch." Xavier mumbles, hurt from Wednesday's comment and Hades' formidable display. The two were unrivalled at knocking people off of their high horse. Double trouble strikes again.

 Double trouble strikes again