Два́дцать Пять, Oh Sweet Alcohol

Start from the beginning

"Fitz, why are you so nervous for this match?" Sirius rubbed circles on her back. "We have played against this team officially and unofficially too many times to be like this."

Venus sighted and rubbed her temples. "I know, It's just ... It may be Wood's last game and I want him to be happy and to get the chance to prove himself one last time before graduation." She took a deep breath and tried finding the exact words that would gather her thoughts. "I didn't even practice enough for today and the weather is absolutely shitty, just our luck, and just everything is utter trash."

"Breathe Fitz, everything is going to be okay."

"What if I slip up or absolutely trash this whole game or I hurt somebody irreparably or something."

"Vee, William has been your friend for years now and you should know that he is immensely proud of the team, winners or not." Lily added, grabbing Venus's hand into hers and squeezing it gently.

"Plus, you have been a star athlete for some time now, you're not going to fuck up."

"Now I feel bad for overreacting for such a small thing." Venus grumbled under her breath. "I hate feelings."

"You, my dear friend, are honestly an idiot." Ivy giggled, nudging a piece of toast towards Venus so she could eat.

"Our idiot."

"But an idiot nevertheless."

"But it's normal babe, nerves are just a part of the game." Lily kissed Venus's forehead and squeezed her in for a hug.

~ ~ ~

As Venus and Sirius started walking towards the pitch to warm up, Sirius's mind went into override just like her was. But instead of nerves for the game, he tried getting into detective mode about her.

Venus doesn't just overreact, everybody knew that. In fact she almost under reacted too many times to even count.

"Fitz?" He called out to her, waiting for her to turn her attention towards him.

"Yes?"

"Now tell me what was really bothering you. Not any of the William bullshit you said earlier."

Venus threw him a puzzled look, clenching her bag tightly. "What do you mean bullshit? Everything I said was the truth, albeit it seems as a silly problem now."

Sirius sighted and looked at her once again. "This being an important game is surely a factor, I won't argue on that but I know something else is bothering you more than William's reaction. Now please tell me."

"Oh well, because you said please." Her sarcastic tone could be heard even to Hungary.

"Ah yes, deflecting topics."

"Your favourite past time, Black."

"At least I own up to it, Fitz."

Venus felt her stomach drop, she didn't want to tell anyone what was really bothering her and especially not Sirius. She planned on swallowing all of her nerves and thoughts and just continuing with the game as always.

She decided against honesty and continued walking towards the pitch, yet once again being pulled back by Sirius.

"And? Do you need a minute to collect your thoughts or can I know now what's been on your mind?"

"Black what if we fuck up this whole game?" Her quiet voice mumbled.

"We?" A short paused insured. "The Gryffindor team?"

"No, we as in us two."

"Why would we fuck the game up?"

Venus rolled her eyes at him and his obliviousness. "Why, he's even asking why." She mumbled under her breath. "Black, we haven't had a normal chat in ages. Our sole strategy was usually trust and reading each other's movements and this time I don't even bloody know what your thoughts are on the game."