Calls and Messages

Start from the beginning

"We'll figure it out," he said, his voice strong and determined. Rae didn't know how, but she believed him.

His voice was so deeply gentle and convincing that, with a brief closing of her eyes, she was transported to him and his honest gaze. She believed him. The intrusive sound of a throat being cleared brought her out of her reverie, and she looked up to see her boss standing with his arms folded and eyebrows raised in displeasure.

Pulling the phone away from her ear, she covered the microphone and pleaded, "Can I have five more minutes?" She batted her thick, dark eyelashes at the disgruntled employer.

"Five. Not a minute more," he snarled.

"We'll make it work." She repeated back to him, "And I've got a better idea for our couples costume."

"Oh yeah?"

"Steve and Bucky?" She giggled.

Chris scoffed, "You watched those movies?"

"I had to see what all the fuss was about."

"And?"

"Sebastian Stan is hot."

"I'll let him know."  He chuckled loudly, "Why not Steve and Peggy?" Chris asked.

Rae inhaled sharply, "Because Steve's true love was Bucky."

"You haven't watched them all have you?"

"I'm watching Endgame tonight..." Glancing across her office, she caught her boss checking his watch, "I have to go." She said sadly.

"Let me know what you think. And Rae... I meant what I said, we'll make this work."

Rae's heart began to beat rapidly, there was something else she needed to ask him, "Before I go, can I be that girl... can I ask you something?" She said.

"Sure."

"What are we making work, what are we?" She asked.

"This isn't a conversation I want to have over the phone." Said Chris.

The phone call left all her unanswered questions lingering in the air. It wasn't entirely true that she had no answers; she knew he wanted to make something work, but what, and how were they going to discuss it when he was in Boston or LA and she was in Glasgow? With the miles between them, it seemed like an insurmountable challenge. Nevertheless, she was determined to find a way to bridge the gap and make it work.

***

Rae hurled the TV remote across the room in a fit of rage after switching off the television. Her mother's jaw dropped in shock at her daughter's sudden outburst.
"What, and I cannot stress this enough, THE FUCK?" Rae screamed, scrambling for her phone.

TO: EVANS
YOU HAVING A
FUCKING LAUGH?!

FROM:EVANS
   He loved her.

TO: EVANS
He kissed her once.

FROM: EVANS
Remind you of us?

TO: EVANS
NO. You kissed
me more than once.
And on/in more
places.
FROM: EVANS         I AM IN PUBLIC!

TO: EVANS
Shouldn't have
left Bucky. Send
a picture...

FROM: EVANS
*IMAGE*

TO: EVANS
JESUS CHRIST!
I thought you were
in public?!?
I meant of the costume.
I am sitting
next to my mother!

TO:EVANS
Also, I really miss
little Chris.

FROM: EVANS
                                               Ouch! Don't call
                                       him little Chris.

TO: EVANS
I miss big, hard
beautifully crafted
girthy Chris.

FROM: EVANS     Better. But now...?

TO: EVANS
Absolutely not.
You've got more
chance of me having
a bath in the River Clyde.

FROM: EVANS
Thinking of you 😏

TO: EVANS
I always think of
you...👉🏻 🐱

FROM: EVANS
            FUCK. This is    unbearable. 😮‍💨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:
I feel like all I do is apologise for the lack of updates on all of my stories.
The truth is I am working all of the time, and I have my kids to look after, as well as my own mental health right now.
I am so sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it. I just hope you can all forgive me and still enjoy what I do eventually put out.

That being said...

What did we think?
It wasn't my best chapter, a little fillery but its nearing the end. I wonder if they will cross the oceans to be together?

The dick pic is controversial, but I know what I'm picturing.

Love you all.