𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Começar do início

"We're going to brunch, if you want to come—" Mia takes a gulp from her lemon Vitamin Water, eyes bulging out her head as she takes in the scenario. Literally looks like she's walked in on a ludicrous threesome. "Oh, my god." She whispers.

Before a thick silence can settle over, choke and kill us, I snatch Mia's Vitamin Water from her hand. "Let me get dressed and we can go to Cecconi's. It's, like, the only thing open today."

"Yeah, yeah..." Mia trails off, eyes glued to George and this girl. "I'm sorry but she cannot come." Mia points toward her, circling her finger.

George looks the girl up and down and nods his chin at her. "Doors that way."

The girl runs off, the front door closing a moment later. My heart skips a beat when George's gaze lands on mine. I hate that my body betrays me because his face is telling me something completely different.

He hasn't forgiven me for last night.

Not that I blame him, I haven't even forgiven myself but the fact he bought a girl back? That just rips my fucking heart to pieces because he knows how much it hurts me to see him with other people.

Mia clears her throat, I blink, enter my bedroom and slam the door shut. Big mistake because now my head is pounding again. The sun isn't helping either and neither is George and nor is Albie. In fact, everything is just worsening my mood and suddenly I'm homesick and I just want my bed and maybe my sister to comfort me.

Downing the rest of Mia's Vitamin Water, I carefully make my way over to the bathroom to wash off last night's sins. My head spins as I step under the shower but I power through because no matter how rough I'm feeling, I'm not going out without a wash.

Midway through washing my hair, my bedroom door opens and my whole body tenses up. "George, I swear—"

"It's me," Astrid pipes up, popping her head around the door frame of the shower which I left open in case I fell or some shit.

"And me," Mia comes up on her tiptoes behind Astrid, waving.

Both girls enter the bathroom, Mia sitting on the sink ledge and Astrid on the closed toilet lid. "We're here for last night's debrief." Astrid claps her hands together, wiggling and getting comfy.

"Okay, well, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to get so out of control. It just sort of happ—"

Astrid groans, "oh shut up, Harper. The only ones angry at you are the fucking Forbes because they're boring." She mutters the last bit but I still hear it.

"No, A, I think they get funny about drugs because of their mum." Mia puts a hand on Astrid's arm. "But, yeah, we're not angry at you." She speaks up so I can hear even though there's only a thin bit of glass separating us.

Well, that is a fucking relief. At least not everyone hates me. It's just annoying that the main person who I don't want to be annoyed is annoyed at me.

"I shagged Avery," Mia mentions like it's nothing. "And I came. Like, three times."

Me and Astrid both gasp, I poke my head around the glass, hair soaped up and everything. "No fucking way."

Mia nods, puffs out her chest. "Oh, yeah, bought him back here. Sofa, my bedroom and the shower."

Astrid slaps her arm, "my god, you are such a slut."

I nod my head, "the biggest slut."

She shrugs, leaning back on the counter. "Call me what you want; it was by far, the best sex of my life."

"I gave Charlie head." Astrid walks out of the bathroom, head in her hands. Me and Mia share a look before I quickly rinse off and follow her into the room.