Chapter 73 - I Will Avenge My Son

Start from the beginning

None of them had ever seen Wolf even shed a tear in their lifetimes.

There was no empathy in Draco's look, his eyes maintaining their boredom expression as he kept them locked onto Wolf who couldn't stop himself from sniffling. Through a cracked voice, he whispered, "You've taken my son away from me...and you dare give me ultimatums."

"It was your own fault." He pointed to Eric on the floor as he growled, "My men would never act this way under my nose; they fear me too much to step a toe out of line. It is your man that created this destruction and led to your son's death." Before Wolf could respond, Draco shouted even louder, "You knew he was a troublemaker and that was why you brought him here. You should've kept your dog on a fucking leash if that was the case."

"It doesn't matter Draco, it doesn't matter," Wolf chuckled, slowly shaking his head as if he had made his decision. He inhaled a sharp breath, wiping his nose with the end of his sleeve, feeling the coiling of his throat as he thought about Jules. There were memories that he had never shared with anyone that occurred between him and his son, and it was those ones that were rushing through his head.

His voice had darkened as well as he hissed, "You've killed my son."

"Quite hypocritical," Draco snorted before pointing to Molly on the stage.

Wolf's eyes widened in shock, before a long exhale escaped his lips. He placed his palm on his forehead, mumbling a few words to himself. "I forgot," he whispered, shaking his head as he sighed, "you don't care about anyone. Death means nothing to you, even if they're directly related to you."

"I do care about my sons," Draco corrected, raising his eyebrows. "But I'm not God, I can't control someone's doomsday. Melissa's death today merely means that it was meant to be and nothing I could've done would've changed that—that's acceptance." He leaned forward. "The same goes for your son; his life was meant to end that day—"

"Don't include my son into your outrageous perspective," he growled between gritted teeth. "He was not meant to die that early. I had plans for him." It almost sounded as if Wolf was screaming at himself, barely able to breathe while he stared at his palms and shouted again, "I was going to show him a different life than this one. A new one where he doesn't need to worry about his protection...I was going to make him visit the world...The only reason I let him go to high school is because he wanted real friends. He wanted the teenage life like everyone else and I decided to go against my gut feeling and let him go." His palms bawled into fists as he growled under his breath, "It's all my fault, I should have kept him closer to me. It's all my fucking fault—"

"I empathize with your grief, Cesar." Draco sighed, tilting his head to the side although he truly felt not an ounce of guilt for Jules' death. "But at this very moment, we are on different sides. Your men infiltrated my surroundings and that is something you have to deal with on your own."

There was a silence that followed, the rest of them not wanting to involve themselves in such conversation. Wolf placed his palms over his eyes, his nails almost digging into the skin of his forehead. There was an uncontrollable and unsettling grief, guilt, anger and sharp brutal pain in the pits of his chest that he couldn't release and the last time he had felt it was when his wife had passed.

There was no way he would allow Jules to be taken from him this way.

After a minute passed, Wolf's face tightened, his eyebrows furrowing as he finally returned his gaze to Draco. The hurt had completely dissipated and his grey eyes had darkened. "In a low harsh tone, he growled, "I will avenge my son, Draco."

That only caused Draco's lips to lengthen into a smile, one filled with admiration and excitement, as if Wolf's threat only helped rush the adrenaline through his body. Even his eyes had widened as he stared at the violent rage within Wolf's gaze.

"I hope you come at us harder than you ever have before," he cackled. "Bring it on, I want to see bloodshed. But don't think that it'll be easy for you either." His palms tightened into fists as well, his smile growing longer, revealing every single one of his teeth. "I'll be waiting for you."

Wolf exhaled a long breath. "I choose option two, but on one condition." He pointed to Lucius before adding, "I want to take him."

"Tyler's your best bet," Draco refused instantly. "But that one stays with me."

"No, he admitted to killing my boy."

"Which you said you will avenge him—Lucius stays with me." He kicked Eric forward. "You can have Tyler and this one back, but not my boy." Tyler didn't say a word as her father gave her up without any hesitation.

Wolf raised his eyebrows to Draco, before he glanced towards Molly and then Lucius before settling his eyes back onto their leader. "He's the only one you care about, it's clear. And that's exactly why I'll be taking him."

"Cesar, he's staying with me." This time, his tone had tightened as if it had been a threat.

"And I'm telling you that he's coming with me, Draco."

"Holy shit." It was Lucius that caught both their attentions, causing their eyes to divert from one another and focus on him. He had been the only one who had used the diversion of Draco's entrance to fight his captor, knocking him unconscious but so stealthy that none of them had realized he had been sitting on the body for the last few minutes of their conversation. "I'm fine with either options, I can handle my own. Hurry up and choose; where am I going?"