This Is A Mother's Love

Start from the beginning

"First off, I would selfishly like to request all of your aid in keeping an eye out for my son, Morgan. I would appreciate if someone would head up a search party to depart soon and continue on as long as we have daylight." A hand goes in the air, and I strain from my position in the back ranks to see who's it was.

"Allow me," the voice moves to the side, "I request four to join me."

The light blue hair that usually was styled to perfection was pulled back in a ponytail. He was almost unrecognizable, but it was definitely Virion. I was surprised to even see him awake, of anyone in the camp who'd try to avoid hard work, Virion would be the one.

Sully must have whipped him into shape over these past weeks.

"Thank you, Virion," Chrom says to the flamboyant sniper who just raises a hand in mock humility to accept the praise. One troop from our Ylissean guard walks over to assist and I see Severa, Stahl and Henry all join as well.

I find myself longing to be in the group, but as soon as Chrom found that I was awake he'd need me for something else. "There are stations for the rest of you to offer yourselves at. Most importantly would be the continuation of rebuilding our convoy. We also need to swap out guards in an hour, so keep that in mind. If there are any further questions, you know who to ask." and with that, dismissal was called, groups formed and scattered to their responsibilities.

My duties were piling up the longer I stood here so I went ahead and walked past everyone else and headed straight to the familiar safety of the strategy tent, eager to check out the reports that surely came in over the hours I was away.

As I entered, my hopes were not dismissed, there on the simple table with the map of our quest nailed down against it's wood lay a modest sized stack of wrote on papers. It didn't take me long to eagerly jump into the information, I hadn't realized how much I didn't know about our losses and of our surprising gains.

It was nice too, the handwriting.

I could actually read it.

You'd think with how proper Frederick was, his handwriting would be better..

But he wrote so tiny that it strained the eyes to read. It wasn't that the letters were badly penned, just that they were nearly invisible to the naked eye. Probably so that we didn't use up the precious paper, but still!

I let my eyes scan over the different reports. I decided to with the bad first, which was marked with red ink in the corner to distinguish between the gains and damages.

Causalities were normal for this type of a battle, but were still a blow to our already dwindling forces, it listed all the names and their titles. I was surprised to see that most the fallen were actually the quickest of the Ylissean men behind the trackers.

Underneath that the paper listed the injured with the cause of injury, estimated bed-rest time and status.

Frederick was the only one still required to lay and heal, two others were only allowed to walk for 15 minutes at a time every five hours just to see how their stitches held up, and the rest had been released.