𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. bye bye birdie

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I'm taking you down now." Pope told her, Kie giving him an 'Okay' in response before Pope did exactly that and pulled her down 

"John B's pulling a Houdini." JJ blurted, Red gently removed the beer bottle from his hands and poured it on the lawn, not wanting him to drink while hung over.

"Yeah, where is he?" Red questioned, looking around to realize that Bennie wasn't there either. "Had anybody seen Bennie since the Wreck?"

"Nope." Kie responded. "She's probably doing kook things right about now, right? I'm sure she'll be here tonight."

"Yeah, but seriously, where are they?" Asked Pope, sounding worried. "I got my scholarship interview in the morning. We gotta get this done!"

Just then, John B could be seen walking across the yard, wordless.

"There he is!" Red shouted, pleased to see him.

"Sepack of the devil," JJ called for his best friend. "Hey! Dude I set up the entire wench to pull up the gold and everything." JJ lied, looking over at Pope, who actually did that.

"No, he did not, I did that."

"John B-" Kie called, watching as John B stormed inside, not saying a word to any of them.

"Okay? That's it?"

The group began walking towards the door John B had entered.

"Uh... what's that all about," Pope questioned, waiting for JJ and Red to exit the hot tub.

"I was gonna ask you the same question," JJ responded.

Red crossed her arms, "I don't know what's up, but it can't be good. Right?"

As soon as the group entered the house, Pope immediately went over to John B, "You alright, man? What's up?"

"What are you looking for?" Asked Kie, John B looking through cabinets like a mad man.

"John B, what's going on?" Asked Red. John B pulled the couch cusion up and revealing a gun. JJ walking quickly over to him. 

"John B, what do you need a gun for?" He asked, approaching his friend closer, but John B pushed him onto the couch. "Talk to us!"

"John B, chill! What are you doing?" Kie yelled, watching as John B grabbed a hold of Pope's shoulders and pushed him down.

"What are you JJ now?" Pope questioned, looking out of breath when Kie and Red checked in on him.

"John B what are you doing?" Red yelled, speeding up her pace as she rushed after John B. 

The four teens exited the Chatau to see John B on his bike, reeving the engine.

"John B, what the hell?" Kie yelled after him and coming to a halt in front of everyone.

"Ward knows about the gold!" John B finally spoke up, backing it up with no context whatsoever. "He killed my dad..." His voice cracked as he slowly turned his head to look at his friends.

With that, John B sped off on the bike, followed by teh rest of his friends sprinting after him, "John B!" The four eventually stopped, knowing the couldn't beat his bike.

"Crap!" Pope yelled in frustration.

Soon after that encounter, Red knew she needed to go home before her dad realized she didn't come home the night before. In fact, he probably already knew.

Red lightly shut the front door, greeted by her dad as soon as she walked in.

"Where were you last night, Reding?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips as his daughter faced the floor. "Where the hell were you?"