𝐱𝐯𝐢. mr. flower pot

Start from the beginning

“Always.” Red smiled, resting her hand on a comfortable spot on JB’s shoulder.

“Of course man.” 

“Ladies first.” JB quoted, helping Red get out of the van.

Red took the boy’s hand with a sarcastic smile. “Why thank you.”

The two began walking side by side, Red’s hand still holding John B’s without noticing.

“Alright, are we done with the circle jerk?” Asked JJ, his eyes glued between his best friend and girlfriend who seemed pretty comfortable with the hand-holding. JJ took Red’s hand out of JB’s and placed it in his own. “Can we do this now?”

“Yeah.” John B sighed, mouthing a small ‘sorry’ to JJ which he brushed off.

The teens began approaching a fence that Pope came to a halt in front of. “Let’s go get that wheat in the water!”

“Ooo! Weed?” JJ voiced stupidly. “I’m up for weed.”

Bennie groaned, approaching the other side of JJ which was unoccupied by Red. “Wheat. He said Wheat.” She corrected. “Repeat after me. Wheat.”

“Weed.” The boy retorted, causing Red to squeeze his hand tighter and let out a small chuckle.

Red hopped the fence followed by JJ and everyone else and soon enough they were all hopped over the tall fence.

The group made their way over to the bushes between various ‘ow’, ‘crap’, ‘sh’, and ‘shut up’s.

They all knelt down by the bushed they were not crowded behind before whisper-yelling at JJ to turn his flashlight off, which he seemed to be fumbling with.

“JJ, flashlight!” Red repeated, gaining a glare from her boyfriend.

“It’s not my fault Bennie gave me the whacked one!”

“Oh, so it’s my fault?” Bennie asked in annoyance, JJ nodding rapidly at her response. “Okay, right.”

As soon as JJ was finally able to get the flashlight off, Kie finally spoke business. “Okay, it looks like she has motion-censored lights.”

JJ nodded slowly. “We could maybe… uh… move very slowly?”

“What?” Bennie whisper-yelled at the boy beside her.

“That’s not how it works,” Pope added, face-palming at the boy.

Red gasped, an idea forming in her head. “We could throw a rock at it?”

“That’s a really good idea, Red.” John b teased, his voice filled with sarcasm. “Let the axe murderer know we’re here.”

“You got any better ideas?” She retorted. “Pope, smart guy. Do you have any better ideas? Anyone?”

“Literally anything but that,” Pope responded.

“What about the breaker?” Asked Sarah, the group turning their heads to the girl. “In the circuit box on the porch. We used to play hide and seek there when we were kids. Remember, Bennie?”

Bennie smiled with a nod, enjoying the proper treatment from her brother’s new girlfriend. “Yeah! And if we were brave enough, we’d all go up to the porch. It was like a game of some sort.” Bennie explained, Sarah nodding at the memory. “We’d call it, ‘guess who didn’t go up on the porch’ And Rafe and Topper would make up stories to scare us.”

“Exactly.” Sarah nodded, then turned to John B who sat crouched beside her. “I’ve seen it.”

“No- you're not going in the house alone.” JB shook his head, clearly against the entire idea.