Chapter 40: Fiance?

Start from the beginning

"Jimin." Jimin's father gets up to reach out to his son.

"How can you keep such a thing away from me?" Jimin asks his dad, not trying to hide his disappointment. "This is serious. And what's with 'you guys are getting married.'? Are you guys and Jungkook making that decision without me?" He glances at his mom.

"I swear to you. I don't have a say in it." Jungkook utters while entering the living room too.

"Who asked you to say anything?"

"Jimin. Calm down. We are not going to force you and Jungkook." Jimin's mom says. "Sit down, and hear us out. Please." His mother pats on an empty seat beside her.

"I'm listening." Jimin says, glaring at Jungkook who's sitting on the opposite side.

"I assume you know about the news about Jungkook and Lee Sohee getting married." Jeon Junki asks, leaning on his front while joining his own hands together.

"Yes. Everyone knows about it."

"Yeah, that's not true." Earning a nod from Jimin, Jungkook's dad continues to explain. "Listen, Jimin. And Jungkook." He glances at his son. "Jungkook, you sort of have the ideas about our new collab. Now I'm telling you guys everything, so we have a clear understanding of our situation."

"Ok. I'm listening."

"And why did they release that kind of news?" Jimin asks.

"Months ago, my wife and Yuna went to this party and met with Lee Yunho, who's the founder of Lee co-po. The conversation went on and on, and somehow, the conversation went onto their business and beliefs. He stated that he's a big fan of their brands. He admires them so much they wanted to do a business collaboration."

"We told you about what the brand is about at the restaurant." Jungkook's mom says. "Me and Yuna love the idea, and we got so excited. It's true we didn't want to do business together as friends, but they're one of the biggest tech companies in Korea. They want to work with us."

"But why do you guys plan to do it together? What happened to the beliefs? You guys are not afraid of losing friendship over this?" Jimin raises questions.

"We didn't think of it as a way to earn money. Me and your mom are good work partners. We get along well with work too. We have known that since college. As we're growing older, it's an opportunity to have fun together. That's all. It's something we think that fits your generation. It's good for you and Jungkook to inherit." Jungkook's mom says. "Of course, only if you guys want to."

"Then from there, how did it end up with me getting married to Jungkook?" Jimin tries to get to the point. "What's the exact reason?"

"Lee gave us time to think before we all settled. Lee would be in charge of the tech part, Tradi won't be included with this brand, but I'll be the one who takes part in fashion in this collaboration, and at first, your mom was going to take part of the content. As you should already know, nowadays, people value content more than anything. It's unfortunate in this case." Jungkook's mom continues. "Your mom is very good with creating content, but as it turns out, Lee is not wanting to just work with your mom. He wants to own your mom's company. Actually, he wants to merge it as a part of his tech company."

"What?" Jimin tilts his head. "He can't do that."

"He could. He almost succeeded." Jimin's mom says. "He played dirty." She lets out a sigh. "Jimin, Ploy magazine is fine where it was, but it hasn't been making that much money recently. It's still amazing how we can still earn profit with an offline foundation type of magazine. I was happy with the way it was. The legacy goes on in an amazing way. It's more about passion than the money for me. People still buy our paper magazine. However, the places for paper are a lot less in the market, and the amount of people who still buy them are very niche, meaning that it makes money to pay the employees and keep the company going. It's not where I make a profit to make a living out of. You know that very well."