The Grafted Scion squirmed and fought, but that quickly came to an end as he smashed the Grafted monster into the ground, spiderweb-like cracks shooting out in all directions. It fought for a second more, before (Y/n) yanked its blade from its hands and observed them, putting them into a comfortable grip.

[Ornamental Straight Swords]

Item Rank: +0

Item Type: Sword

Attack +20

At that point, the monster stopped moving, allowing (Y/n) to take its shield and store it into his Shadow, where his Shadow Maiden took it and began organizing it. He extended his hand to the Grafted Scion and called out to it. However, when it rose from its corpse, it was a series of different Shadows, rather than one united being. It ended up giving (Y/n) twenty new armored Shadows, and he didn't hate such a thing.

[You've gained 20 Shadow Infantry.]

[Shadow Infantry]
[Rank: 1]

They all kneeled before sinking into his Shadow, before he suddenly blinked, looking back at where he had just come from.

"Wait... why do I have to come back here later? I should be as efficient as possible," (Y/n) stored his Ornamental Straight Swords in his Shadow, turning around and taking a leaping start towards the southern wing of the chapel.

The ground crumbled underneath his power, and with a clenched fist, he blew through the wall, sending dust and debris scattering through the area. He waved his hands tiredly, and then turned to his left, opening a treasure chest, and grabbing the Stormhawk King Ashes, meant for Nepheli Loux. He also grabbed the Stormhawk Deenh Ashes, bringing Deenh from the dead to assist him.

He almost didn't expect it to work, but it worked shockingly well, granting him a flying Shadow, which could only be good going into the future.

[Shadow Stormhawk]
[Deenh]
[Rank: 2]

Something that he hadn't even thought about though, was summoning the Stormhawk King to his side.

However, based on the dark energy rising from the small, regal box the ashes were stored in, he could attempt to bring it back. He spent a long moment debating it, but he was unwilling to risk Nepheli's success for something like a new Shadow.

He stored the Stormhawk King Ashes with his Shadows and strolled out of the mostly destroyed chapel. He could barely believe he'd destroyed the stone wall with his hand alone, but he accepted it wasn't normal to be accepted as a successor to an Outer God.

"Now, how do I get to Milena.... I no longer have the Guidance of Grace guiding me, so I can't go throwing my life away willy-nilly. However, if I remember right, that's exactly how I got to Limgrave, by getting killed by that Grafted Scion. Hm," (Y/n) scratched the side of his head, looking out into the distance.

He could see the castle of Stormveil. Would it be totally outlandish for him to try and jump the massive distance?

He held his hand over his mouth, clearly disbelieving even his own thoughts.

"No way. Can I?" He asked himself, curious.

In a world that rarely allowed such things to occur, would it be impossible to imagine it? As the successor to an Outer God, maybe it was somewhat reasonable?

No, he doubted it. He wanted to try it, but he wasn't really willing to risk his life.

And then he remembered he was far from alone. With his newest Shadow, Deenh, he had a flying ally who could certainly grab him if he was falling to his demise.