Chapter 20 - Dash

Start from the beginning

"What's so funny?" Spencer also tried to hide his laugh by turning around to walk backwards.

This had us laughing quietly "are you jealous?" It was Spence who asked making my face flush.

"Damn right I am" he says with no hesitation at all, cutting the giggle fit we were having with an..

"Oouu"

————

"Where have you been?" I jump as I hear Judith's voice in the restroom.

That scared me. I thought I was alone.

"What's it to you? You're adopted right? Why are you bothering to care?" I stand straight and wipe my hands.

She scoffs and take a step closer to me "cut the crap" she almost whispers. I almost take a step back.

Almost.

"What crap exactly? There seem to be a lot of those around lately" I fold my arms in front of my chest, something Spencer told me makes you look more confident and intimidating.

She stops her movements and gave me a hard glare "your boyfriend's in town" a smirk took over her face and I grimace.

"He's not my boyfriend" I say through gritted teeth and chuckles but it was faker than the lips it came out of.

"And Felix is?" She had that look of victory on her face. I hate it.

"Yes actually. He's...my dating partner" I'm not totally wrong, although boyfriend hasn't really entered our relationship yet. I smile at her and she gave me a stink eye.

"Dating partner? You're ridiculous Rosy. I'm not here to have a stupid pep talk with you. Where is the key?"

Well that took a turn.

"What are you talking about?" I narrow my eyes at her making her sigh while rolling her eyes.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Where is it?" She whispers the last part in a whisper. Her blue eyes sharp as she looks at me.

"I have things to do and tell your parents that if they want the key, they can come ask me themselves" I walk past her before she can utter another word and basically ran to were Spencer and Felix were waiting for me.

Felix was holding my pink tote bag which is the opposite of the beholder. He wore all black today and my oh my...I want to bite him.

The last thing I expected was to see them talking to no other than Dash.

"Why are you here?" I walk straight up to Dash who had a huge smile on his face "well I was introducing myself to your friends here. Didn't get the chance during lunch" his pale brown eyes sparkling as the sun hits his face directly.

He's gonna have some serious burns today.

I shake my head at him and make an effort to take my bag from a quiet Felix, who gently turns the bag away from my grasp.

"I was wondering if you'll like to grab cookies sometime-

"She won't" Felix grabs my hand gently with a tug and I follow behind him.

"That guy has guts. I think I like him" Spencer shrugs making Felix glare at him.

He raises his hand up in surrender "he's not so bad, crazy about Rosy, but not too bad"

"Will you stop saying that. And you.." Felix stops and turns to me with an expression I could almost classify as him pouting or about to whine "you're my dating partner, no one else...right?" I almost coo at his expression.