Determination

Hector's heart was in his throat as he waited for his son to be declared safe. Apparently, a blood vessel ruptured. His health had been delicate and now Hector doesn't know how to calm himself down. Estevan was speaking to the doctor who seemed to be explaining something. All Hector could feel was blankness. Elio curled to his side. That is the only thing that grounded him.

"Papa, here, drink this," said Myles, forcing his mouth open to make him drink water. He doesn't know when he drank something last. He looked at Lukas. He was curled in on himself, hugging Nico and Marcus to his chest.

He took the water from Myles, patting his son's head before moving over to Lukas. He looked up.

"Drink this, come on," he said and made Lukas drink some water.

"He will be very upset if he realize we have all been moping. We should look at how we can make him more comfortable," said Myles.

At that, he thinks everyone around seemed to have their spirits lifted. Hector is so proud of his child. Myles was handling this situation so well. He went over to Estevan who had been shouldering this for the past few hours all by himself.

"I am sorry I left you to deal with it all alone," he said. Estevan simply pulled him close.

"The doctor says he will be fine. Apparently, it is good that it happened now and not later. The issue can be sorted through a surgery," said Estevan. Hector nodded. The surgery lasted six hours. And it was another forty eight hours before he was declared out of danger. They were allowed in soon after that. He looked so young as he laid there covered in gauze and attached to all the machines. But he was smiling.

"I am good, Papa. Baba, I would like Di Rey to be my surname," he said. That's all he said before falling asleep again due to effects of the medicine.

Estevan looked at him.

"Sometimes it is hard not to resent your grand parents for what they denied him and you," said Estevan.

"I know. I understand. Thank you for loving him like he is your own. At this point, he is more yours than anyone else's. Your son, our son," said Hector.

"That's right," said Estevan. They thank gods every day for keeping him close. If they had been even a minute late in their response, he would not be safe at all. They stayed in hospital for a week more before Giovanni was allowed to go home. It took another two weeks, almost one and half months since the fall of Marinos for him to walk with the help of crutches.

Hector's grandparents are set to arrive the next day. Their visit was postponed due to the incident. Now though, they will be here in no time. He was anxious. Estevan had been trying to get him to calm down but it has been an impossible task.

----------------------

Giovanni was thankful for every chance he got in this life. Once he started walking with the help of crutches, his parents agreed to let him move. So, he was shifted to his room and he was able to give his parents their privacy. And himself and his omega too.

Well, it is still new. He didn't even get the chance to explore anything with Lukas before he was kidnapped. In all honestly, other than Ruben, Lukas is the only person he can call a friend. Lukas is different. He had always managed to make him do a sort of self-evaluation that no one else would be able to make him do.

Currently, Lukas was going through his work files and some security plans by his bedside. He will occasionally check on Giovanni.

"So, what do you feel about being courted?" asked Giovanni. Lukas looked up.