"Cmon Amaya what's the hold up!" Naruto cried slapping her on the back. She flinched at the contact before sending him a glare that wiped the gleeful look off his face. Though as it fell, and was replaced with fear- she felt ill.

You don't look at people you love like that...

Coaching her features into neutrality she looked around at the booing crowd, all before sending him a toothy grin.

"They love me already." She hummed. To her utter satisfaction, the blond seemed to lose his look of shock and returned her expression. Though, for some inexplicable reason, as she jumped the rail herself... she couldn't bear to look back as the Nara trying desperately to catch her eyes.

Landing gracefully, she walked up to her opponent carrying herself with poise.

Standing across from Niza, Amaya rolled her shoulders ignoring the booing of the crowd surrounding them.

"You two are aware of the rules?!" Genma hollered, plugging one ear and yelling over the noise of the spectators. Both looking at him, they nodded. Genma seemed to use the moment to grab Amaya's eyes with his own, and in a movement so subtle she barely noticed herself- he nodded to her.

Good luck kid...

His eyes grew hard as he took a step back. "Get Ready."

God... Why is my heart pounding like this?! Amaya thought as both she and Niza jumped back instantly.

The crowd even seemed to quiet in that tense moment, most realizing they had no idea what these two young women were capable of.

Just...

Her opponent's features struck Amaya at her core.

...Focus.

As Genma's chest rose, and his lips parted- She tensed.

"Begin."

----

The beginning of the match had been... anticlimatic.

To the dismay to the spectators rather than starting with a blaze of justsu or clashing weapons the two young women stood across from one another, unmoving. Though, as Niza began to circle, Amaya followed moving in the opposite direction.

"C'mon you two... we don't have all day," Genma droned through the needle between his teeth. Neither acknowledged him. Letting out a deep sigh the proctor went to speak again, but was interupted but something that flooded the arena.

An unmistakable bloodlust.

The crowd seemed to quiet down is the heavy wave of killing instinct even seemed to infect the rows of shinobi sitting above them. Standing next to the source, Amaya felt as though she was being crushed.

Genma stepped back. I don't like this.... He thought wearily.

"Someones excited." The Ishikawa's dry voice ranged throughout the arena, amplified by the nearly silent crowd. Niza smirked, continuting to circle her like a hungry animal.

"Just a little..." She began, her steps never wavering.

"...Standing in the precense of a legend, that is."

Amaya stopped. Drawing her brows together she slipped a hand into the pouch secured below her lower back and pulled out a kunai.

"You know me?" She asked slowly. Niza let out a laugh that probably made flowers wilt.

"How could I not?" The blue haired girl grinned, stopping in her tracks.

Somethings wrong!

Planted in her spot a few paces across from the Ishikawa- Niza began to melt. Her grinning face crudely turning to liquid as she seeped into the ground.