𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

chapter seventeen.

DALLY HASN'T BEEN to school in two days. Her fear took over her body. She can't leave her house.

Except for today.

Today, she's back at therapy. Back to a place where she knows she's going to be safe. "So, Dally, how's school been?" Hannah asks.

"I haven't been in two days." Dally says. Hannah furrows her brows. "Mike came back to school and tried to gaslight me."

"And the trial's next week, isn't it?" Hannah asks. Dally nods. "How does that make you feel?"

"Scared." Dally says, a chuckle at the end.

"Why do you feel scared?" Hannah asks.

"Well, for one, I'm a black person who's an addict. And two, I'm a woman who also happens to be a rape victim. Those things don't really get you justice." Dally explains. "I mean, people believe me, but that doesn't mean a judge will."

"Do you want to keep talking about the trial?" Hannah asks making Dally shake her head. "How's Abby?"

"She's good." Dally nods. "We, uh, we had sex for the first time."

Hannah raises her eyebrows. "Should I ask how that made you feel?" Dally chuckles and shakes her head. "Well, our session for the day is up. I'll see you next week."

"See you next week." Dally smiles as she stands up with her bag and leaves the office.

She walks into the reception and sees Abby standing there. "Hey!" Abby smiles. "How was your session."

"We talked about the trial." Dally says making Abby nod.

"Well, would you like me to make you a smoothie?" Abby asks as she holds Dally's hand.

The girl smiles and nods and they begin to walk down the street. "Y'know, I love you." Dally says.

"I know." Abby nods.

"You didn't have to come and pick me up from therapy, you know that, right?" Dally asks.

"But I wanted to." Abby says as they walk up the driveway to Dally's house. "Do you wanna meet my dads girlfriend with me?"

Dally raises her eyebrows. "Abs, I've never met your dad. Period."

"I know. Which is why it's the perfect time!" Abby says. Dally sighs and nods.

"Sure." She says. "Yeah, I'll meet your dads girlfriend with you."

"Awesome." Abby smiles.

-

DALLY LETS OUT a shaky breath and toys with her jacket sleeve. "Dal, you ok?" Zack asks as he walks up to her.

Then, he looks into the classroom to see Mike. "Shit, you wanna go? I'll take you home if you want."

"No, no, I have to do this. The trial is next week and I have to be in the same room as him." Dally says.