𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻.

chapter ten.

ONE WEEK. One week since Dallas Miller was admitted to hospital. One week since since her mother came home to find her unconscious. One week since Mike Nichols got arrested.

Dally sits in the back of Paul's car playing with the rings on her fingers. "What if they don't like me?" Dally asks.

"They'll like you." Paul reassures. Dally huffs and sits back in her seat.

"Oh shit." Georgia says as she looks out the front of the car.

"What?" Paul asks.

"You grew up inside Zillow." Georgia says making Paul chuckle.

"I don't like you nervous. It's unsettling." Paul says.

"I'm not nervous." Georgia says before flashing a big toothy grin.

"Convincing." Paul says.

"I'm excited. Let's go meet your rich parents." Georgia says as Paul pulls up near the house.

"Hey, we're doing this." Paul says making Dally nod.

"Sure are. Here we are, doing it." Georgia says. The three get out of the car and walk up to the front door.

Paul rings the doorbell and almost as fast as it started, the door swings open. "Georgia, Dally." A woman says.

"Hi. It's no nice to meet–" Georgia starts.

"Let me see it." The woman says, grabbing Georgia's hand and looking at the ring. "Wow, Paul. Come in. Can I get you a drink?"

"Yes, ma'am." Georgia says as the woman leads her into the house.

"Well, that happened." Dally says making Paul chuckle.

-

"GEORGIA, this home made cranberry stuffing is fabulous." Patricia says.

"Thanks. Old family recipe." Georgia says. Dally furrows her brows as she eats.

"Good, she cooks." Patricia says.

"Yeah, she cooks. Apparently." Paul says. Dally chuckles and looks up.

"Chris, you want some?" Georgia asks.

"Oh, I – I don't eat stuffing. I don't like the texture. I'm sorry, Georgia. It's a sensory thing." Chris apologises.

"No, that's ok. Stuffing is like mush. I couldn't get this one to eat waffles until she was eleven because the texture confused her." Georgia says making Chris laugh.

"Dally, uh, what did the turkey eat for Thanksgiving?" Chris asks.

"I don't know." Dally shrugs.

"Nothing. He was already stuffed." Chris says making Dally laugh. "Anti-humor."

"Anti-anti-humor." Paul says. Dally chuckles and looks down at her plate.