𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

chapter nineteen.

DALLY LAYS IN her bed, wearing the pajama pants she took from Abby's closet. "Hey Dally." Ginny says as she opens the door.

She doesn't reply. "What happened?" Ginny asks as she lays down next to Dally.

"Abby cheated on me." Dally whispers.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry." Ginny says as she hugs her sister. "Paul left."

"Why?" Dally asks.

"Because mom told him the truth." The truth. A burden on everyone. Especially Dally.

"About Gil?" Dally asks.

"About everything." Ginny whispers.

Dally has to. She has to tell Ginny. "Gin?" Dally asks. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah." Ginny says softly.

"I hurt myself sometimes." Dally says quietly. Ginny raises her eyebrows and looks down at her sister.

"What?" She asks. "Dally, what do you mean you hurt yourself?"

"I use my pocket knife." Dally whispers.

"Dal, where's the knife?" Ginny asks. Dally points to her desk drawer and Ginny gets up, opening the drawer.

She picks up the knife and puts it in her pocket. Ginny turns back to Dally and sighs. "I love you, really, I do, but I'm not going to let you hurt yourself, ok?"

Dally nods and Ginny kisses her head. "Want me to get Austin and some popcorn and we can watch Tinkerbell?" Ginny asks.

Dally nods and Ginny smiles before leaving the room. Dally picks her phone up from her night stand and calls Abby.

She holds the phone up to her ear as the phone rings. "Dally." Abby answers.

"I love you. A lot. You know that. But what you did was shitty. And I forgive you." Dally says. "We all make mistakes."

"I'm sorry, Dal." Abby says.

"So, are you gonna tell me why you tape your legs or am I going to have to force it out of you?" Dally asks.

Silence goes over the call. Then, Abby speaks up. "I don't like the way I look." Is all she says.

"I like the way you look." Dally says softly.

"Really?" Abby asks.

"Yeah." Dally says. "I think you're adorable. And I love your eyes."

"You like my eyes?" Abby asks.

"Absolutely. They're beautiful." Dally says softly. "Don't tape your legs anymore, ok?"

"Ok." She says.

"Wanna get yogurt next saturday?" Dally asks.