𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.

chapter three.

DALLY AND HER FRIENDS all stand in the hallway, people talking as they pass. "Ok, battle of the bands and we need a song to perform, what should we do?" Mia asks.

"Battle of the bands is a thing?" Dally asks. The others nod and she nods slowly.

"What, didn't you know?" Mia asks making Dally shake her head. "Jesus, ok, well, at least tell me you know what sophomore sleepover is."

Dally just stares at Mia. "Oh my god, you don't know what sophomore sleepover is." Mia states.

"I don't know what world Houston was but we need to educate you, right now." Amy says as she takes my arm and leads me to berry tree making me laugh.

"Ames, it's fine." Dally laughs making Mia and Amy shake their heads.

"No, it's not fine. It's sophomore sleepover. And, to get you through the night, we must educate." Amy orders.

Someone grabs Dally's hand and pulls her away from the two girls. She soon comes to realize that it's Spencer. "Don't overwhelm her." Spencer orders making Dally laugh.

"We're not overwhelming her." Amy laughs.

"No, you're scaring me." Dally laughs making the two girls come up and hug her.

"We're sorry, Dal. We're just excited for you to come to Sophomore sleepover." Mia says.

"If I go, we are not staying with everyone else." Dally states making the two girls nod.

"Of course." They say.

-

"DAL, HOW ARE you going with your poem?" Mrs Parker as she comes and looks at Dally's laptop.

"I'm stuck." Dally says making Mrs Parker smile.

"Well let's see how we can help." Mrs Parker smiles making Dally nod. "How about here, instead of 'warm summer sun' we find something a bit more poetic?"

"Depends how poetic you want it." Dally laughs.

"I want it to come from the heart. So think." Mrs Parker says.

"Warm glow of the summer sun?" Dally asks.

"Perfect!" Mrs Parker smiles.

-

"YOU WERE NOT kidding, Spence, these are amazing cookies." Dally says making her friends laugh.

"Told ya! Best cookies in Wellsbury." Spencer states making Dally smile.

As they walk down the street, they turn their head to see Ginny, Abby, Norah and Georgia in a boutique.

"Isn't that your mom?" Amy asks making Dally nod. The four walk out of the store and the friends jog over to them.

"So, gals, fun day?" Georgia asks Ginny and her friends.