𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

chapter seven.
(TW: mentions of drugs)

DALLY SITS UP in her bed, phone in hand, headphones in, Arabella by the Arctic Monkeys playing.

She looks at the time and gets up, pulling her headphones out and getting dressed.

She gets some fishnet stocking and prays as she puts them on that she won't get dress coded.

She picks up her backpack once she's fully dressed and walks downstairs. She walks down the street to school while texting her mom where she is.

When she gets to school she sits on a bench and hears a car pulling up. "Dally? What're you doing at school so early?" Mrs Parker asks.

"Uh, I got bored and decided to walk today. Didn't take as long as I thought." Dally says.

"Oh. Well, in that case, wanna get a head start on your Shakespeare essay?" Mrs Parker asks.

"Sure." Dally smiles. She follows Mrs Parker into the school and sits down at a desk in the front.

"Uh, Dally, can I ask you something?" Mrs Parker asks.

"Sure." Dally nods as she looks up from her phone.

"You write about being trapped in  a cage and having a burden in all of these poems." Mrs Parker says making the girl nod. "What do you mean?"

"I was in rehab." Dally says. "I got tangled in with the wrong crowd."

"I'm so sorry." Mrs Parker says. Dally shakes her head.

"Its fine." Dally says quietly.

-

"GINNY TOLD ME that Austin stabbed a kid with a pencil." Abby says as she and Dally lay next to each other.

"I feel bad for him." Dally says quietly. "I mean, this whole Maddie and Caleb shit really fucked us all up."

"Did it fuck you up?" Abby asks making the girl nod. Dally kisses Abby and she kisses back.

"Guess I should probably go home." Dally whispers.

"I don't want you to leave." Abby whispers back making Dally chuckle.

"But I need to." She whispers. Abby nods and kisses Dally on the cheek. Dally leaves the Littman's and walks home.

She walks into her house and becomes confronted with a very angry Ginny.

"Where the hell were you?" She asks.

"Dude, relax." Dally says as she furrows her eyebrows. "I was at Mia's house."

"There was a fire in our yard, Maddie came home drunk and now Caleb and Austin are in the kitchen eating ice cream." Ginny explains.

"Well, it ended happily, so why are you mad?" She asks.

"You haven't been here all day." Ginny states making Dally nod.