𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

Start from the beginning

(Brother in law, you know what? This food is prepared keeping in mind about your preference, which was told by di itself and dare I say, she has never done this before.)

Before Monami could utter a single word in her defence, she was attacked from the other side, this time it was her best friend who was busy being her foe, at the moment.

"Arrey Vedant bro, yeh toh starting ya end mein bolte na abhi dekho Karan bro ke gale mein khaana atak gaya hai." Sidharth was no less when it came to teasing, especially his friends and so as a dearest friend of Monami he made sure that neither his best friend nor her husband would escape from being the centre of teasing session. He quickly turned his neck towards Monami and said, "Ab aise he kya baithi hai? Karan bro ko paani he pila de."

(Oh Vedant bro, you should have spoken this either at the starting or ending of the meal; now see Karan bro got food occluded in his throat.) (Now why are you sitting like this? At least give a glass of water to Karan bro.)

Monami wanted to beat Sidharth but hearing what he said and Karan's ceaseless coughs, she was quick enough to refill the empty glass of water with the jug that was kept on her side and with a little shyness she attempted and rubbed Karan's back so that he can be comforted. While Karan just took a sip of water to calm himself down and the moment he felt Monami's hand on his back he gripped the glass a bit more tight because albeit he was in need of some comfort he could not afford to let others see his cheeks on which subtle blush was parading.

Well seeing her husband, Sanjana also grabbed the opportunity and said, "Kya Monu...itni der laga di? Haan vaise sahi bhi hai, jab kahin I mean kisi par se dhyaan kahi aur jaayega tabhi toh dhyaan de paaogi. Haina aunty?" Sanjana first questioned and answered herself from Monami's side and then turned towards Juhi.

(What Monu... you took so much time? But it's alright I guess, now only if you divert your attention from somewhere or rather I mean someone to anywhere else only then you'll be able to focus. Am I right Aunty?)

At this, although Karan was calm enough he still kept the glass near his lips and Monami took her hands off him, sensing that her husband is now doing better.

"Of course beta... Monu kya hua baccha, aaj se pehle toh aisa kabhi nahi hua!" Juhi's tone was underlined by a tease in it, making other's laugh and the said person blush in embarrassment.

(Monu what is it dear, this has never happened with you.)

Monami raised her lashes and she could clearly see the faces of the people who have decided to gang up on her and their visage held the perfect teasing countenance. Monami looked expectantly at her father, hoping at least he would not show his back to her but the poor soul was about to be disheartened.

"Arrey bhai, hoga bhi kaise? Aaj se pehle iski shaadi bhi toh nahi hui thhi." Deepak took the opportunity that was served on a golden platter and did what no one expected him too, except his wife.

(Oh ho, how was it even supposed to happen? It is not that she has been married earlier than this as well.)

Everyone guffawed at this, except the couple who was under the radar of everyone's sight. Monami was looking at her father with narrowed eyes, her mouth open in nonplus and this didn't went unnoticed by Deepak.

"Arrey, ab Monu aisa mauka har baar thodi na milta hai. Toh maine socha mai bhi thode maze le loon." Deepak tried to flatter his daughter but everything fell deaf in her ears since she continued looking at father with narrowed eyes.

Karan, although being the reason why Monami was teased, was internally bemused seeing his wife under the radar. So this is how she looks, when she is at the other end of teasing, with everyone taking unashamed joy in teasing her.