𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I don't need a therapist! I'm fine! And I didn't even do anything for you to be calling anything scary! I get that you think your son is going crazy, but i'm not. I know what I saw, and what I saw is the truth" I said, as she gave me a blank stare.

"How about you look at your arm! You cut yourself and you got the nerve to sit in my face and tell me you didn't do anything wrong" She shouted while pointing towards arm.

I held my arm up waving it in the air for everyone to see it. It's not like I was embarrassed to have it wrapped up from the cut because I know what happened back there. Can't nobody tell me otherwise. "It's cut because of Daijon! He did it-" I shouted from the top of my lungs.

"Daijon is dead!" She shouted back as the room went silent like it was before she had arrived.

I could feel my heart racing as my palms became sweaty like I just ran a marathon. I would never cut myself. The thought of doing that has never even crossed my mind before and never will.

Looking at my mother with now anger in my eyes, I hated how my she kept trying to tell me what I did to myself, or what I saw.

"Look Mom .... You can be in denial all you want. In fact you all can. I know what I saw and i'm damn sure ain't going to let nobody convince me otherwise— not even a therapist" I said while standing up.

"Well, me and your father was talking about putting you into therapy for the longest. Don't think this is the only reason why you're going" She said, as she stood up as well.

"Oh really? What can be the other reasons?" I asked while looking around for an answer.

She paused for a second and then took a deep breath. "Jamir, you watched your big brother die. Not to mention you have several symptoms of a personality disorder. You do need help" She whispered underneath her breath, as I froze for a second.

"No ... I don't ..." I said while also questioning what she just said.

"Well, you kinda do ..." Mariah mumbled as she scratcher the back of her head.

"Shut up Mariah, nobody ask you" I yelled at her.

"Look chile we just want what's best for you" Nevaeh said standing up to rub on my shoulder.

I shrugged my shoulders to remove Nevaeh's arm from off of me. "No, believing me is what's best! But you believe me, right Latrell?" I turned to him while hoping he'd give me the answer I want to hear.

"I umm- I think therapy can be really good for you, bae" He smiled at me as I quickly frowned.

"My nigga ... " I shook my head and begin to walk away until he pulled me back over to the table.

"Give a try. Maybe you'd like it" He said.

"Wow, my own boyfriend is taking up for everyone else when you're supposed to be on my side" I laughed.

"When we looked down the window he was gone, Jamir" He sighed.

"You act like you cant just get up and walk away?" I replied.

"Wait don't y'all got some type of security footage to see if he broke in?" Jamal asked.

"Jamal do not feed into Jamir's delusions" My mother said.

"I'm not ... but I think we should at least look into it" He said.

"Well checking the footage would be a great idea —But oh wait, I forgot. Someone disabled it and never turned it back on from when he snuck his little boyfriend in for some head"

"Head?!? Who did you give head?" Jamal asked while turning to me as I looked at Latrell.

"Look Jamir, I know what you're going through. When I lost someone close to me I started doing things to myself that I wish I would've never done" Latrell said, as I rolled my eyes.