Day 16 - Recovering

(Amy's POV)

I woke up some point the next day, feeling much better than yesterday. I walked outside of the room, being greeted by all of my friends from yesterday. They were all in the living room, Tails sat beside Cream, Cream using one of his tails as a blanket. Sally sat beside Sonic, his arm wrapped around her shoulder while her head lay on his shoulder. They were discussing a lot of things, and greeted me excitedly when they noticed I was awake.

"Good morning, Ames!"
"How're you feeling, Amy?"
"Glad to see you awake!"

"I'm feeling much better than before, thanks guys." I said, a little embarrassed from all of the attention. I sit down next to Cream and listen in on the conversation that my friends were having.

".... and we're going to need a few days to recover all of the Chaos Emeralds." Tails was explaining to the group that we had no leads as to where the emeralds were, we have to find them all before Eggman or Shadow get ahold of them and use them for evil.

"What if we break out into groups and search for them? We'd find them faster." Cream said, her brown eyes beaming with curiosity. Sally looked at her and responded, 

"That's a great idea, but I think Sonic and Amy should search for them. Hedgehogs can easily sense the emeralds' presence and track their locations faster than any other species. " Tails nodded in agreement, and we agreed that Sonic and I would look for the emeralds together, once I fully recovered, first...

"What about the rest of us? What should we do in the meantime that Amy is recovering?" Cream asked, her eyes wide with curiosity. Tails looked back at her, looked at me, and then presented his idea.

"Cream, you can keep an eye on Amy while she heals. When she goes out, stay around her to make sure nothing happen. Sally and I will build you a watch that you can use to communicate with us. I will make watches for everyone that doesn't have one, and they'll be even better than the ones we've been using now."

Sonics ears perked up in interest, and he raised one of his arms as if he were asking a question. "So what'll I be doing? If Amy's healing, I can just go look for an emerald or two by myself, or something.."

Sally nudged Sonics shoulder and glared at him. A hint of blush appeared on the blue hedgehogs face as he noticed this. Sally spoke up, keeping her glare on him.

"Oh no you don't. You weren't home for a few days, and now you want to go right back out? You need to rest too, mister!"

Sonic chuckled, scratching the back of his head in nervousness, "But Sallllllllll, the sooner we start looking, the sooner stuff can get done! I don't need to rest!"

"No buts, no coconuts! You, get to resting!"

"But Sallyyyyyyy-"

At this point, those two were bickering, so Cream, Tails, and I just walked out of the room to talk amongst ourselves. Cream stood next to Tails, messing with her ears and fidgeting lightly. Tails was looking the other way, diverting his eyes from the little rabbit. I smirked, and spoke to the both of them.

"I agree with what you said earlier, Tails. You and Sally go ahead and make those new watches, and Cream and I can spend the day together while I heal up."

"Sounds good to me, Amy. Make sure you take it easy, you can run and move around and stuff, but you won't be fully healed until the day after tomorrow, so no fighting or eating questionable foods, alright?" Tails said, holding his fist out.