Day 6 - Eggman finds out

Someone, walked through their lab, stroking their abnormally long moustache, and sulking in their recent days spent.

"Not one plan initiated, not one Mobian captured, not one village attacked or burned. What have I been doing with myself lately.. I know I'm getting on in years, but that shouldn't be stopping me from defeating that blue hedgehog, or making evil schemes!"

Eggman slammed his hands on the giant table in the middle of the room, it showed possible Chaos Emerald locations, where immense amounts of power could be found, nearby Mobians who got close enough to his base to be spotted, a map of the area he was in, and had specifc buttons for other reasons. He didn't break the table, but he did activate something by pressing one of the buttons. A red Chaos Emerald showed up on the map, and it showed that it wasn't far from Eggman's lair. Actually, it was at the pink hedgehog's house, which was about 20 minutes away, if he rode his floating egg thing. Eggman looked in admiration as he formulated a sinister plan in his head. He knew that Amy wouldn't give up the emerald so easily, and if he captured her, she'd either break out, or Sonic would rescue her, and Sonic had destroyed too many of Eggman's robots lately. He needed the parts he had so far to make better robots, until he could buy/steal more parts. He also needed somebody weak to capture, so they wouldn't break out, and so that way they could be used as a hostage, a hostage Eggman would threaten to harm if he didn't get what he wanted..
Then a certain rabbit girl came to his mind. Cream, yes.... she was only 10 years old, the last time Eggman checked. She had barely any fighting experience, and she was pretty meek, as well. She'd be easy to capture and manipulate to Eggman's liking. He wouldn't actually hurt her, since she is only a little Mobian, but he'd do anything else with her to get that emerald. He didn't know what he'd use it for just yet, but he'd do some research and come up with a brilliant plan. This plan would be his last one ever, as it'd have to work...
Eggman pulled up his hologram laptop on top of the table as he maniacally laughed to himself, already thinking of the satisfaction of Sonic and his friends begging Eggman for mercy. Eggman started typing on the laptop, looking for secret files being kept safe by secret organizations, such as G.U.N, or government files of some sort. After lots and lots of typing, and hours of searching, Eggman found what he was looking for. Apparently, there was a spaceship in space, that was abandoned multiple years ago due to the murder of a young girl, and the exposure of secret research being done on that ship. The name of the ship was, Space Colony Ark. Eggman pulled up images of it, and saw that it looked like it was still intact, and still completely clean, as being in space prevents rust, lint, and whatever else from dirtying up the spaceship. Eggman decided to check the ship out, and he'd send Metal Sonic to get Cream for him while he was out on the ship. Eggman shut his laptop off, walked up to his floating egg thing, and added a few tweaks to it. He made it so it wouldn't get destroyed in space, and it'd provide him with some air so he wouldn't suffocate out there. After that was finished, Eggman went to go fetch Metal Sonic, who was in another room, laying down on a couch.

"Metal Sonic, I have an assignment for you..."

Metal Sonic stood up, awaiting his commands.

"I need you to go fetch Cream. She's that pink rat's friend, she's a brown eyed, cream-colored rabbit with brown markings on her head. Grab her, and bring her back to me, but make sure you're out on this mission for at least a few hours, I need to do something while you're away. Now GO!"

At those words, Metal Sonic blasted away, beginning his search of the little rabbit girl.
Eggman hopped into his floating egg thing, turned on the features he added for going into space, and started making his way towards the spaceship, using the tracker he had built into the machine he was riding in. He sped up a little, and within a few minutes, was at the entrance of the spaceship. The spaceship itself was a cone shaped ship, with a pointy item at the bottom of it. It was a dark brown/black color, and was very large. Eggman found the entrance of the ship, and made himself at home. 

He didn't need to explore much, because he found a lot of files, and a lot of notes that were kept on a computer. He found out that his grandfather, Gerald Robotnik, had helped build the ship, and had helped with making the greatest creation in existance. They had created a lifeform so powerful, it could destroy the world with enough hatred. This lifeform, the Ultimate Lifeform, that could harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds, and use very powerful abilities with it, had been created and experimented on, and had proved to be so strong and so advanced, it could survive being shot, burned, and drowned. It was also gifted with seriously extreme speed, speed, frpm the looks of it, that could match or even beat Sonic's speed. The project name for this lifeform..
Project Shadow.

This lifeform took on the appearance of a hedgehog, a black hedgehog, with red streaks and red eyes. It also used to be friends with the girl that had died on this ship, Maria. Maria was a blonde haired girl with blue eyes, who used to wear a blue dress and was stuck on the Space Colony Ark, or SCA, due to her condition, which was Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome. It left her weak and fragile, needing constant attention and needing Project Shadow's help with daily activities. Over time, Maria and Project Shadow became very close friends, considering themselves siblings at some point. One day, G.U.N had found out about Project Shadow, and the secret research that had been going on in the SCA, and Maria had died saving Project Shadow, sending him to earth in a pod before she was shot moments afterwards. Shadow had witnessed Maria's murder, and had felt hatred towards the ones that murdered her. Now, he was somewhere on earth, his location being unknown.
Eggman read another file, describing a weapon that could destroy the world within a few minutes. The Eclipse Cannon. The pointy thing at the bottom of the ship that Eggman had seen earlier, was that cannon, the weapon of mass destruction. With all seven of the Chaos Emeralds, the cannon could be powered and used, to destroy the earth and blow it to pieces. First, Eggman would have to aquire all 7 Chaos Emeralds, which shouldn't be too hard, unless Sonic or Knuckles has all of them.
Eggman knew that he didn't have much time before Metal Sonic returned to him, so he took the files and notes that he had, in case he needed to read the rest later, and hopped back onto his floating egg thing. 
Speeding back towards the earth, Eggman made it back to his base within minutes, noticing that Metal Sonic wasn't there yet. Eggman took the chance to put the files away securely, so nobody but him would be able to access them. Eggman sat down in one of his many chairs, and began searching for the locations of both the Chaos Emeralds, and the location of Shadow.
....

....

....

....

Cream the Rabbit was hanging out with Tails that day, learning more about his inventions and himself. They were working on upgrading Tails's plane, the Tornado. Cream knew a bit about the plane, so she was helping to the best of her ability, shifting wires and adding new parts to places she knew well. Tails was adding a few weapons to his plane, such as smoke bombs and secret pockets for snacks, other small weapons and etc. Both had been working hard for the past hour or so, and had worked up a sweat.
Tails sat up and looked at Cream, admiring how hard she was working, just to help him. It made him feel special, since nobody ever really helped him with his work. Sonic was always too busy with Sally or saving the world to take time to help him nowadays, Amy didn't know much about his work, and every time she helped, she somehow ended up causing an explosion, Knuckles was too busy being with Rouge or guarding the master Emerald, and everyone else, he didn't talk to much. Cream, on the other hand, was one of his best friends, and he'd admit, over the past 4 years, he had developed a small crush on the rabbit girl. He never made any moves or told her, since they were still so young, and Tails was certain that Cream didn't feel anything for him.

Cream looked up and noticed that Tails was staring at her, feeling warmth on her face while Tails looked away, panicking and apologizing profusely.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to stare at you for that long, I had gotten lost in thought, I'm so so sorry, It won't happen again, I had looked up to check up on you and then my mind drifted, forgive me Cream, I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy"

Cream closed her eyes and giggled to herself, Tails was adorable when he was nervous. She told him that it was alright, and that she was glad he wanted to check up on her, as she was working up a sweat.

"It's getting pretty hot in here, what do you say we go out and get something cold to drink? There's this cafe that Amy took me to, that have really good drinks, if you want to go with me."

Tails agreed to go, it'd give the two a chance to get closer, and they'd be cooling down a bit.