Day 10 - Shadow's Day

(First Person POV)

(Shadow's POV)

"This is for you, Amy..."

"I need to protect you."

"I refuse to let them get to you.."

I open my eyes, after spending a good hour or so laying in bed and contemplating. It's only been two days since Eggman and I had made that agreement with each other. But lately, it's all I can think about, besides the pink girl that's been on my mind more than I'd like her to be. I'm not sure why she appears when I think of anything, but it's not like I'm complaining. I'm just really confused, I don't know what I feel towards her, I don't know this feeling at all. I want to be close to her, all of the time, I don't know why..

Brushing that thought away, I hop out of bed, thinking about what I'm going to do today. I could look for that last Chaos Emerald, and perhaps speed up that process of destroying those that want to hurt Amy, as well as her friends. I might as well do that, I suppose. I have the time, and I can teleport straight to Eggman and hand him the emerald when I feel like it. Afterwards, I could offer some help with the Eclipse Cannon, and be able to initiate my plan earlier than expected. Afterwards, Amy and her friends will have nothing to worry about, and they'll be happy, free of worry.

As for where I'd start looking, I'm not quite sure. There's a lot of zones to look in, including Green Hill, Stardust Speedway, Chemical Plant Zone, Oil Ocean, Flying Battery, Hydrocity, Metallic Madness, and so on and so forth. I guess I'll use my rocket shoes to speed through the zones. Using them should shave off a bit of time, plus I'd be going fast enough to search all of the zones here. 

Getting my shoes ready and activated, I rush out of my house, heading towards the first zone I'd be searching.

(Time skip a few hours)

Where could it possibly be? It feels like I've been searching for hours now, I've searched many, many zones, and not one has the emerald that I'm looking for. It's not like I need to obtain possession of it right now, but I'd rather get it over with, so that I don't have to do the dirty work later, I'd also be able to help Amy and her friends sooner. 

Huh. Amy's friends..... Wait a minute. I've been searching all of these zones, for what feels like forever, but not once did I think to search the places that Amy's friends live? I'm the ultimate lifeform, I should be smarter than this.

I facepalm, silently cursing myself for wasting so much time, and think to myself. Who should I go to first? Amy isn't an option, since I was at her house not too long ago, and I sensed no emeralds in her area. Maybe Sonic would know something about the whereabouts of that emerald. Then again, I don't think I could directly ask him about it, he'd get suspicious, and then I'd have to either bring up that topic Eggman warned me not to mention around him, or tell him the truth, and admit to working with Eggman, making me seem like a coldhearted backstabber. Worst of all, Amy would be hurt, I couldn't bear to see that precious rose cry, nor see anything other than a smile on her face. I guess I'm doing this inconspiciously, I can't tell anyone about this, unless they agree not to tell anyone else.

There's no point in pondering about Rouge having the emerald, she usually spends most of her free time sleeping or bugging Knuckles. Knuckles can't bother watching over a Chaos Emerald if he's got that big Master Emerald to take care of. I'd expect Sonic or Tails to have the emerald, since they could put it to good use, unlike Cream, Rouge, and so on.

Deciding that I'll go to Sonic's house first, I grab my shiny green emerald. Watching it gleam in the afternoon sunlight and being reminded of a certain green-eyed hedgehog, I hold it out in front of me, close my eyes, and say the phrase.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"

I open my eyes, and I notice that I'm in front of the blue blur's house. The easy part's already over with. Staying hidden and silent while searching for the emerald will be the hard part. I search around the house, trying to see if I could sense the emerald from out here, which I don't. It might be somewhere in the house where I won't be able to sense it, so I look around, searching for any sign of a living organism inside. 

Hearing nobody inside of the house, as well as looking through a few windows of the house, I break a window and jump in, landing in what I assume is a bedroom. The walls are a light blue, with brown pillar-things in ever corner, the room itself is decorated beautifully, pictures of Sonic and Sally's adventures hung on the wall. In some pictures, Sonic and Sally were holding hands, smiling, with friends, or the two of them making goofy faces. A giant bed sat in the middle of the back wall, being big enough to fit 4 or more people, and on both sides of the bed, a medium-sized nightstand. On one nightstand, there was a picture of Sonic and Sally making peace signs. On the other, a picture of Sonic and Amy, Sonic was struggling to hold Amy's hammer, while Amy had tears in her eyes and was laughing. I felt a feeling of jealousy pass by, but I brushed it off, I have something more important to attend to.

I walk through the rooms, trying to sense the emerald. There's no point in searching the rooms slowly and painfully when I can sense the emerald anytime it's within a 20 foot radius of my body. I search the entire upstairs, finding absolutely nothing. I search the downstairs, checking the kitchen, living room, dining room, some other rooms, and, to my dismay, I found nothing down here as well. 

 I was thinking of searching the basement of the house whenever I heard the front door open. I heard Sonic and Sally's voices, chattering about something I couldn't exactly make out, due to the sudden panic I felt at that moment. Without thinking, I rush into the room that I broke the window, and quickly jumping outside. Once I hit the ground, I take out my emerald, quietly saying the phrase, and going to Tails' place.

"..chaos control.."

THUMP!

I land on the roof of Tails' house, it's loud, but not loud enough for anyone inside to hear me. I won't have to search this place for long, since Tail's house isn't that big. I walk along the roof, tiptoe-ing so I don't make a bunch of noise. Trying to sense the emerald, but getting absolutely nothing. After a few minutes, I was about to give up, walking along the side of Tail's garage, but then, I sense something, this weird aura takes over me, but its a familiar one, and I know exactly what the source of the sudden aura came from.

A Chaos Emerald.

I look around to make sure that nobody is in the area, and seeing that I'm alone, I quickly run into Tails' open garage, nearly bumping into his airplane, the Tornado. I can feel that emerald even more just by being in here, so it has to be close, right?

After 10 minutes of looking around the room, searching through drawers and closets and underneath some machinery, I finally find the emerald. It was hidden inside of the Tornado, and looked as if that was what powered the plane. I felt a pang of guilt for doing this, but it'll help Tails and the others in the future..

I quickly grab the emerald, and once more, use the power of it to teleport myself back to my house. Using the Chaos Emeralds really drains my energy, so using it a third time in a day has exhausted me. 

Staggering around the house, putting down the emeralds on a nearby nightstand, and quickly taking a quick shower, I plop facefirst into my bed, getting warm and comfy underneath the blanket, as well as snuggling into the covers. I finally have all of the emeralds needed to get this done, and it didn't even take me that long. Guess now all I have to do is play the waiting game, in about two weeks, or less, assuming that my help will speed up the process, we can finally be rid of those peasants trying to harm Amy and her friends. I wonder what he is doing to "fix" that cannon up anyways, I'll go check up on him soon.

I'm too tired to do anything else right about now, so I close my eyes, absorbing the wonderful warmth of the pillow that my head lies on, and feeling the warmth of the blanket wrapped around me. I drift off into the world of sleep, not thinking about anything in particular.