"Obviously," he rolled his eyes. "But Stefan's nerves are getting on mine," Damon said at his brother, who was non-stop tapping his ring on the table.

"What's wrong?" Beth asked softly, sitting in front of Stefan as he poured himself a drink.

"I haven't drank human blood... since," he trailed off, but Beth understood and gave him a reassuring nod. It was the night he threatened to drive off Wickery Bridge.

"You know, quitting blood cold turkey after a ripper binge might not be the best approach. Every time you play that all-or-nothing game, you eventually leave a trail of bodies. So, I'm thinking, now is a good time to pay our old friend moderation a visit," his brother declared.

"The medical examiner, Bill Forbes, and Ric are all on the Founder's Council. That's what they have in common," Stefan stated, changing the subject.

"But why them? Huh? Brian Walters and Alaric weren't from founding families. I mean, hey, if you're gonna slaughter council members, go A-list. At least in 1912, they killed a Salvatore."

"Which Salvatore?" Rebekah asked as she approached the group?

"This has happened before?" The banshee questioned.

"So, Zachariah was your nephew?" Rebekah asked.

"Well, our father knocked up one of the maids during the Civil War. She had a son. But as far as everyone else knew, Stefan and I were dead. Family name had to go somewhere."

"And, uh, your family owned the logging mills back then?"

Beth glanced at the original, hoping she would realize she was being too obvious. Unfortunately, she didn't, but Damon did.

"You're full of a lot of questions," he said, eyeing both girls. Beth took Stefans cup from him and took a nice long sip to avoid eye contact.

"Hey, that's mine," Stefan said, taking the drink from her hands.

"I'm just researching the town history. I grew up here after all," Rebekah told Damon.

"You know you don't have to disguise your true motives Blondie-Bex, if you want more sex, just ask for it," he declared. The other two at the table couldn't help but chuckle.

"Not enough liquor in the world," she stated, grabbing Stefan's bottle and pouring herself a drink.

"Yes, please, help yourself," Stefan huffed and then moved to the side of Damon.

"It was too good for you to be this hostile."

"Yes, please, leave me in the middle of them, Stefan," Beth complained before following to the other table.

"You'll have to excuse my little brother. He's jonesing for some O positive."

"I'm not jonesing."

"So, did they ever catch the killer?" Rebekah changed the subject.

"Nope, wrote it all off on vampires."

"Maybe it was a vampire."

"Wait, you guys were here that year, weren't you?" Beth asked.