Chapter 1

Arthurs POV
___________________________________

I walk into the hall where I can see my dad, the king, sitting on his throne. I already know what this is about. He's going to set me up with another princess just for me to shut it down again.

"Father, I already know what this is about. The answer is no." I say sternly.
"It isn't about a princess...It's about a prince."

I had no ideas whatsoever what he meant by that.

"What do you mean, 'prince' ?" I ask in an extremely confused tone.
"I mean that I'm setting you up with a prince."
"But-.."

He cuts me off and I'm glad he did since I don't even know what I was gonna say.

"No buts. You always make dumb excuses when i set you up with a princess. Let's see how you are with a prince."
"The answer is still no" I tell him, even though he just told me 'no buts'.

"You will at least try and go on a couple dates with him before saying no." The king strictly told me.

I know there's no backing out of this one so I don't say anything for a while. But then a question pops into my head.

"Which kingdom is he the prince of?"

"His name is Merlin Ambrosius and he's the prince of Theola."

I was stunned as soon as I heard 'Theola'.

"But doesn't Theola allow magic to be practiced?"

My father doesn't allow magic in Camelot. He says all sorcerers are evil and to be setting me up with someone who accepts magic to be used is unexpected.

"Yes. But that's why I've decided to lift the ban on magic since I know for a fact that the prince isn't evil. Also, Theola is a very powerful kingdom and could definitely help us out if we needed it." My father explains to me.

I guess I'm going to have to try to put up with the prince of Theola.

"He will be coming over here tomorrow morning at 10. You and him will have your first date together at that time. A horse ride through the woods. And you better talk to him and not be so stubborn." The last sentence was harsher then the rest.

"Fine." I sigh loudly.

"Can I go now?"
"Yes. You can leave."

I then turn around and leave the hall. I would never have expected that my dad would ever set me up with a prince but here we are.

When I get to my chambers, I immediately lay down on my bed since it's late and I'm tired from all the hunting that the knights and I did today.

I wasn't bothered to get changed and I don't even have a servant to get me changed since I fired him yesterday.

So, I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep. A couple of hours later I wake up to the bright sun shining in my eyes. I squint my eyes as I stand up and get myself changed into some different clothes.

I can't believe he's actually forcing me to go on a date with this guy. After I get changed, I go to the dining hall and meet my dad and Morgana, my 'sister', and sit down with them at the table.

We talk the whole time, including some awkward silence after the talk about my date, and then my dad walks with me to where my horse is.

"Okay, he's here. Again, talk to him and don't be stubborn." He said with his finger pointing at me.

"I know, I know." I say, exhausted from hearing this over and over again.

He then walks away, back inside, revealing the prince walking over to me.

Wow. Just 'wow'. That's it. That's all I have to say.

He has dark brunette hair which, for some reason, is really pretty.
"Maybe this won't be so bad after all." I say under my breath.

I was staring so long that I didn't even realize that he was standing right in front of me.
"Arthur, uhh are you alright?" Merlin questions.
I break out of my trance and, "uhm, yeah. Sorry"

"It's fine. Wanna head out?" He smiles at me.

Again, wow.

"Yeah, let's go." I smile back at him as I say this.

We both get onto our horses and start heading into the woods together.

____________________________________

I hope you like this first chapter!! I'll probably post every 2 to 3 days but if not it's because I'm a bit busy with school at the moment.