twenty eight, all i ask for

chapter twenty eight, all I ask for

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

New notification!

You missed a call from Matt Sturniolo.
You have twenty eight missed calls.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Come on, pick up." Matt urged as he pressed her number again. He was waiting for the cab to take him to Felicity's house as Nick and Chris tried to control the drama at the party.

How did teaspilled get that photo of them? His account was tagged thousands of times and so was Felicity's. Matt suspected that Colette had planned the setup with the photographer who dmed the gossip account as soon as the photo was taken.

Her intentions were the least of his concerns. He couldn't give a fuck less why she staged this. All that mattered right now was Matt being able to explain to Felicity what had just happened.

"Joseph!" Matt called for the concierge, "you have to let me up!"

He begged the man but was only met with disappointment. "Sorry Matt, can't let you up there without a code."

A code? Matt cocked his head. Last time he could go right up to her apartment. He texted the only person he thought of so could help decipher this puzzle.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

iMessage!

Matt
Juliette, please
I know it looks bad but you have to help me

Juliette
I'm Felicity's best friend first and after the whole situation, I'm not really sure if I can talk to you
Or even want to

Matt
I promise you I didn't kiss her
You have to trust me

Juliette
Okay fine
I trust you more than I trust Colette
I'll help you but if I find out you're lying I'll rip your head off

Matt
Thank you Juliette
I'm at Felicity's lobby and Joseph won't let me go upstairs
He said I need a code?
The last time I came over he just let me up after checking my ID

Juliette
That's because she told him you were coming over so Joseph knew to let you up
What a fucking bitch she made me learn the code every time I went over but you get to go up just like that
I don't know what the code is for today so ask Joseph for the security questions

He'll ask what Felicity's favourite movie is and the answer is that it's a trick question because she's too indecisive to pick a movie and she'll need specific prompts.

Then he'll ask for one movie if she had to pick an all-time favourite, say IN ORDER:
Tobey's Spider-Man, Bonnie and Clyde, Notting Hill, Crazy Rich Asians, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, and then say this is her top five because again, it's a trick question because she can't pick

Matt
Scott Pilgrim, really?

Juliette
She had a Michael Cera phase

Matt
Juliette thank you so much how can I repay you

Juliette
Don't break her heart, that's all I ask for

Matt
Never crossed my mind

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Matt passed the test and was able to go to her apartment. He told the man in her elevator the floor  — yes her apartment has a guy in the elevator whose job is to click buttons for people — and waited anxiously for the chime, signalling his arrival.

"Felicity please, open the door." Matt knocked and waited for her.

"Matt?"

"Felicity, please. I need to explain."

The girl paused before opening the door and welcoming Matt into her house. The two sat in the living room, tension stiff enough to be cut with a knife. Without asking, Matt knew she saw the photo.

"I didn't kiss her. I was walking to the snack table and she asked if I knew where it was. I told her we could look for it together. I didn't realise who she was until later when she said her name and by the time I recognised her name I tried to leave. She told me the music was too loud and she couldn't hear me so when I leaned down to tell her I was going to look for Chris and Nick, she grabbed my face and kissed me."

Felicity stared at her thighs the entire time he spoke. Matt sucked in the air and continued explaining, "Someone took a photo. I don't know who because I pulled away and left. I wouldn't do this to you."

She finally met his eyes and let out the breath she'd been holding in.

"Matt." The cracks in her voice made his heart twinge, "I trust you. I believe you didn't kiss her."

Matt embraced her, his hand moving her head closer into the crook of his neck.

"You planned that whole date for me and you're not the one who helped Jake cheat just for a couple more followers." She giggled at her own joke, "I trust you, Matt. Just promise me if you ever do want to stop... this, could you tell me to my face instead of letting me find out through a gossip page or something? That's all I ask for."

Matt felt his heart shatter at her request. Never once did he think about leaving her, and not once did he think the way to do it would be through a gossip page on social media. How bad were her past relationships to the point where she had to ask for respect? He kissed the side of her neck in response, unable to encapsulate his promise into words.

Felicity was the first to pull away. Still holding onto each other, as if afraid letting go would make the other vanish, she asked Matt.

"Would you like to stay over tonight?"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I'm so glad you agreed to stay over because I want to have a movie marathon. Joseph called about the security questions and I've been thinking about it ever since."

"Do I get to pick a movie too?"

"No. Which rom com should we watch first?"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

My letterboxd was humiliating during my Michael Cera phase. Just movie after movie. I surprisingly liked Scott Pilgrim and Superbad a lot so I have no idea what that says about me...

My favourite movies are heathers, whiplash, legally blonde, howls moving castle, and maybe home alone 2 on Christmas.

I have too many favourite movies this list will change any day you ask me.