Chapter 28: Poisoned chocolates (2)

Start from the beginning

"I would love to to come but-"

" Don't refuse me, please, it would be a fantastic dinner" Laura interrupts and holds his hand gently.

Enzo stylishly removes his hand from hers.  "Alright, where and what time?" He inquired and it made her so happy.

" Erm... I haven't thought of that yet "

"Alright, when you think of the best place, let me know about" Enzo responds and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

Her stare is making him tense. Fiorella sees them but turns back.

"Fiorella" Laura calls making her half her steps

She leaves Enzo and goes towards Fiorella, Enzo uses the opportunity to leave. Laura reaches Fiorella and takes a deep breath, they stare at each other for a while.

" I'm sorry " the both of them said simultaneously.

A smile escapes Fiorella's lips.

"I'm sorry for talking to you like that, I know I was being selfish by telling you to stay away from Enzo... but I take everything I said last night back, I was just desperate, I didn't mean anything I said '' Laura apologises.

"Forgive me for threatening you with your secret, you know I will never betray you, forgive me bestie" Laura sniffs and hugs Fiorella.

Fiorella smiles, she's glad her friend has come back to her senses.

"I'm sorry too for kicking you out of my house, I will never do that again '' Fiorella mutters and pulls away from the hug.

"I was the one who acted selfishly last night. '' She pauses, "I should have understood plight, '' Fiorella sighs.

"So we are back to you being friends" Laura smiles.

"Yes, you are my Amica for life" Fiorella chuckles and hugs her.

Laura's smile slowly disappears.

"I have to keep my friends close and my enemies closer" Laura giggles at her thoughts.

___

Tito arrives at the shop but funny enough, he sees only the old woman there and he doesn't think it's wise to ask her any questions, do he decides to ask those around for their address

After getting the information he needed, he goes to the address, it's just a few minutes walk to their house..

Noello walks to the door.

"Noello" Noelle mutters and he faces her.

"What?" He asked, coldly.

"Please don't hate me" Noelle cried and ran to hug him.

Noello rolls his eyes dramatically and sighs "I don't hate you".

"That means you love me" She sobs.

She doesn't want to be called his baby sister but she acts like a baby most of the time.

"Yes" He replied in a way that she didn't understand.

"I didn't hear you"

"Enough, someone is at the door" Noello pouts and yanks her hands off him.

He goes to the door and opens it, he lifts his head to see Tito.

"Mom's boss" Noelle yells, immediately recognizing Tito.

She rushes to him and grabs his hand and takes him inside, Noello is about to oppose but decides to keep quiet. Tito sits on the couch, surprised by the way she received him, she looks so cute.

"Take your dirty eyes off my sister, what are you doing here, mom isn't around!" Noello yells and their eyes meet.

Noello balls his fist noticing the resemblance between them.

"Welcome, sir" Noelle smiles cutely, her eyes go to the bag he's holding.

"What's in there?" Noelle asks, peeking into the bag.

Tito almost smiles and brings out the box of chocolate from the bag.  "Chocolates!" Noelle screams and grabs the box from him.

"Are you trying to entice us with your cheap gifts?You better get out if I call the police on you!" Noello yells seriously.

"Be nice" Noelle puts at Noello.

Tito doesn't know how to treat children, so he decides to keep quiet.

"Is it for us?"

"Yes, Noelle, it's for you" Tito ends up smiling and touches her hair.

It's her real hair, so he sneakily cuts out two strands, she didn't feel anything. Noelle sits on the floor and opens the box, her mouth waters as she sees the yummy chocolates.

"Yummy" Noelle giggles.

Tito puts the strands of hair in the bag and zips it.

"Noelle, you are such a disappointment, like Mamma is going to scold the hell out of you, he's a stranger !" Noello shrieks, staring at the chocolates.

He feels like eating them too but he doesn't trust Tito one bit. Noelle eats almost half of the chocolates at a fast pace.

"Delicious," She mutters with her mouth filled with the chocolates.

Tito smiles watching her, he looks like his mother, cheerful and the opposite of him and his father. Noello rushes to her and grabs the chocolate box away. Noelle stands up.

"Give that to me" She suddenly feels dizzy and strange, she holds her stomach in pain.

She coughs out the chocolate in her mouth and blood follows. Tito stands up seeing this.

"Noelle'' Noello calls feeling scared as blood drops from both her nostrils.

"My stomach" Noelle screams in severe pain, Tito rushes to her, frightened as well.

She coughs another handful of blood.

"What have you done to my sister?" Noello yells.