5. Airachnid 101

It was hard work to remove all of the branches that impeded the massive titan, Airachnid, with only an axe. It was even more difficult, however, for Y/N to ignore the urge to sprint in the opposite direction. He was shaken up, and the presence of the giantess glaring down at him as he worked would have been more than enough to break him if he wasn't afraid for his life at the time.

     Airachnid hadn't spoken since introducing herself, something she had made clear with her tone of voice Y/N shouldn't forget. Designation was the word she used. Exactly why, Y/N didn't know, nor did he have the courage to ask. After a while, the silence was broken.

     "As much as I like watching you squirm, I do need to hold up my end of the bargain, and explain the situation, if you are to successfully complete the second task." Y/N looked up at Airachnid as she spoke, again swallowing phantom saliva. Once she started speaking again, he returned to chopping the surrounding logs.

     "I am one of many organic beings from the planet Cybertron. Long story short, there was a war between two factions, the Autobots and the Decepticons. The war destroyed our planet and brought us here." Airachnid looked down to make sure Y/N was listening. Before she could speak again, Y/N's curiosity got the better of him.

     "What faction are you?" He asked, regretting it immediately. Somehow he had forgotten about the imminent threat to his life. Instead of becoming angry, however, the titan adorned a sly smile.

     "Neither, although I was a Decepticon a week ago." Airachnid elaborated. Y/N figured this time it would be better to keep his mouth shut rather than ask why. "I have an immense hatred for the Autobots, and while I don't like the Decepticons that much either, the reason I was exiled is because I attacked an officer and stole a valuable item from their vaults."

     Y/N looked up at her in awe, astonished that the wounded and trapped giant in front of him had successfully stolen from a war faction filled with others like her. He couldn't stop himself from asking this time.

     "How did you manage that? Are you that much bigger or stronger than the rest of your kind?" He asked as the axe landed on another tree. She simply scoffed at him and rolled her eyes, or optics as she called them.

     "Actually, I'm dwarfed by almost everyone in both factions. Megatron's arm is thicker than my torso." She explained. That made the feat all the more impressive in Y/N's mind.

     "Woah." He said to himself as he worked. She must've heard it, though, because she let out a little hum of approval. The moment of peace didn't last, however, as Airachnid spoke again.

     "About your second task," she began and Y/N's stomach dropped, "I require fuel."

     By the time Y/N had finished chopping up all the logs preventing Airachnid's movement, he had been thoroughly lectured on the members of the Autobot roster, as well as the appearance and purpose of Energon, the fuel source for all Cybertronians. She had also briefed him on his part in her plan to get some of this Energon from the Autobots.

~~~~~

     "Optimus," Ratchet, the medical officer of the Autobots, spoke to his superior in a worried tone, "I've just received a transmission." Before the enormous red and blue mech could get a word in, one of the three humans nearby, Miko, spoke up.

     "Who's it from? Does Optimus have a secret admirer?" She asked in a curious tone. Ratchet just rolled his optics and refocused his attention on his leader.

     "It's from Airachnid." As he said this, the room went silent. After a tense moment, Optimus was the first to break it.

     "I was under the impression that she was terminated by Megatron during the battle in the forest a week ago." He reasoned, getting nods of approval and concurrence from the surrounding Autobots. Ratchet didn't know what to make of it either.

     "At least tell us what it says." This time, the voice came from another one of the humans, Jack. His partner Arcee nodded in agreement and faced Ratchet. The old mech vented, helm sagging in frustration, and turned back to his screen.

     "The message reads as follows; I have stolen one of Megatron's relics, but it is of no use to me. I will give you the coordinates to it in return for Energon. Meet me at the attached location. Don't bother coming with the intent to kill me, you will only be meeting with my liaison." Ratchet turned away from the screen to once again face the Prime. "There's not a chance in the Pits that she's telling the truth." He argued. The taller mech only stared off in thought.

     "While that may be true," his baritone voice rang out through the abandoned missile silo, "this opportunity is too good to pass up." The rest of the Autobots groaned in displeasure at the prospect of vending their Energon to the enemy, but they begrudgingly saw the logic in the proposal. After a while, all present agreed to the trade. Without sending a response to Airachnid, Ratchet fired up the Ground Bridge with the coordinates given by the eight legged femme.