Carnival Games💛💙

Category: Fluff
WC: 839

✰⋆。:゚・*☽:゚・⋆。✰⋆。:゚・*☽:゚・⋆。✰⋆。:゚・*☽

When Wilbur had found out about the carnival that was going to take place near the apartment they shared with George, they immediately knew that they were going to take their boyfriend on a date there.

It was extremely cheesy but Wilbur couldn't bring themself to care.

They waited excitedly for weeks until the day the fair was opened to the public.

That's how they found themself here.; With their hand curled around their boyfriend's as he drags them around to the various games and attractions.

The two walked around for around an hour before Wilbur's eye was caught by one of the booths. Actually it wasn't the booth itself that caught their attention, but the large bear that was hanging off the side. It was around four feet tall and looked extremely fluffy. It's artificial fur was a shade of brown that reminded Wilbur of milk chocolate. The part that really caught their attention though, was the scarf wrapped around the large bear's neck. It was stripped with the trans flag colors.

The second they laid eyes on the stuffed toy, they made it their goal to win it for the boy who was currently holding their hand.

They pulled the boy over to the booth, ignoring his yelp of protest.

"Wilbur? What are we doing?" "I'm going to win you that bear." They pointed to the bear, smiling fondly at the way his eyes lit up.

They walked up to the person running the booth and caught their attention.

"How much to play?" "It's a dollar a ball and the max you can buy per game is four. Goal of the game is to get as many of the balls as possible into the jars. Get all four in and you can pick from one of the large pride bears." The worker explained, sounding bored out of his mind.

Wilbur grabbed his wallet from the bag he had slung across his chest, and handed 4 dollars to the booth runner.

They took the four balls that were handed to him and took a look at the challenge. They threw the first one, grinning when it fell through the hole. They threw the second and third one and let out a soft "whoop!" when they both made it as well. They took a deep breath and threw the last ball, groaning when it bounced off the rim of the last jar.

"Fuck!" They breathed out, feeling disappointment settle in their chest.

"Oh," George started, Wilbur wincing at the disappointment that laced his voice. "Well that sucks."

Wilbur quickly grabbed their wallet again, pulling another four dollars out and handing it to the worker.

They got the balls and took their first shot. They missed. They threw the last three and missed all three of the shots.

They groaned as the boy next to them began to giggle.

They pulled out their wallet and tried again, missing two of the four shots.

The process was repeated until they had wasted thirty minutes, forty dollars, and 10 attempts. They watched as the fortieth ball they bought for the night bounced off the rim of the jar. It flew into the wall and rickashay off of it and into the boy who had been standing next to them the entire night.

Wilbur panicked as George let out a yelp.

"Oh my god! Are you ok?!" They gasped out, reaching out to grab his face and inspect it.

"I'm fine! I'm fine." George spoke between giggles.

Wilbur let go of his face and moved to grab their wallet to make another attempt. But before they got the chance though, George grabbed their hand.

:"You already spent forty dollars, Wil. There's no reason to spend more." "But I told you I would get it for you!" They whined out.

"What about I make the last attempt? That way if we don't get it you can't beat yourself up too much about it."

Wilbur sighed, nodding in agreement. "Fine."

George smiled and pulled out his own wallet. He grabbed four dollars out of it and handed it to the booth worker .

Wilbur watched in shock as their boyfriend made all four shots.

"What the actual fuck!?" They shouted, in shock that he had made it look so easy. They walked away and sat against the side of the booth. They tucked their head between their knees and groaned as they listened to George's laughter.

They looked up when they felt a weight settle against their side.

George was sitting next to them. His arms were wrapped around the bear Wilbur had been trying to win for him for nearly 30 minutes. The boy was looking at him with a soft smile, eyes shining with amusement and something Wilbur didn't quite recognize.

"Hi." They whispered. "Hey." "How were you so good at that?" "It was just dumb luck."

Wilbur rolled their eyes and smiled fondly when George laughed softly.

They leaned over and pressed a kiss to the other boy's lips.

AN//They/Them Wilbur.