【 EIGHTEEN 】

ɪ ʜɪᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ꜱʜɪᴘ. I sat in the cockpit for what seemed like an eternity, crying and staring off into space, pondering what had become of my life.

Ten years ago, before I'd been a part of the mission that had changed my life, I'd known exactly who I was, and who I wanted to be. I'd thought that, after growing up confined and yearning for adventure, being a Jedi was my dream. Now, I didn't know what was.

Master Windu seemed to hate me and what I was capable of, as well as the darkness that was inside of me. It wouldn't be long before the Council knew about it too, and turned on me, just as he had. I was certain that Kera would never want to speak to me again. Obi-Wan... well, he was a wild card as always, but it was his dream to one day be on the Council, just as I'd once thought mine was. It was impossible, now, for me, but it wasn't for him. He'd side with the Council because he had to. As for Padmé... I'd seen the fear in her eyes when I confronted her attackers back on Tatooine. I couldn't see how she could ever forgive me for doing that again, after I'd promised her I'd get it under control.

The only person I thought might actually be able to relate was Anakin. I knew he'd gone through something similar... I'd felt it. When his mother had died, he'd gone through the same experience I had with Padmé's attack, Qui-Gon's death, and Obi-Wan's near-death experience. The only difference was that there was no one there to stop him from committing the deed he'd regret. And on top of that, both of us were now facing ridicule and scorn from the Jedi Council.

Yes, Anakin would understand. I had to find him. It was better than staying here, anyway. Here, where someone could find me at any moment.

Making my decision, I pressed a button, sending the engine shuddering to life. As soon as the ship lifted into the air, I retracted the landing gear and made my ascent, flying toward wherever in the galaxy Anakin was...

It didn't take me too long to track him down. With a few commands into the ship's nav system, I was able to pick up his tracking signal, leading me to what looked like a very remote section of Tatooine. I supposed it made sense that he was there, what with the vision I'd seen of him with his mother, but I was lost as to why he'd been there in the first place. According to Obi-Wan and the Council, he should be on Naboo, keeping Padmé safe.

Hoping all of my questions would get answered once I got there, I plugged in the coordinates and set the ship to autopilot, letting it take me there to give me a chance to rest. Rest was something I was severely lacking recently, and after all that had happened... I really needed it.

I arrived at Anakin's location in what seemed like no time. I'd been right in thinking that Anakin's whereabouts were remote--the small moisture farm I arrived at was the only sign of civilization and life for miles in each direction. But I didn't like the sight I saw when I got there.

I'd landed my ship right next to Padmé's--similar to her old one; just as large, silver, and ostentatious--but even from a distance, I could tell something was wrong. Standing out in front of what looked like a small stone, jutting out from the ground, was a small gathering of people. I recognized Anakin and Padmé immediately. Anakin was wearing his familiar Jedi robes, while my sister was wearing one of her favorite and most distinguishable outfits, a long sleeve white shirt with matching pants and a cape. Her hair was done back tightly in an attempt to get it out of her face in the wind, but it was in vain. The wind was strong enough that several strands had escaped the bun, and I watched as she repeatedly brushed the loose hair out of her face.

To Padmé and Anakin's left were three individuals I didn't recognize. From here, I could tell they were two males and a female. The female and one of the males were dating, obvious from their proximity and the way they held hands. The final male was a little bit older, and was missing a leg. For that reason, sat in a power chair. The five of them were accompanied by a familiar protocol droid, C3PO, who had been built by Anakin before he'd left Tatooine.