【 SIXTEEN 】

Warning: Dark Themes ✧ 

AN: Before you start this chapter, I want to emphasize that this chapter isn't like anything I've written before. I've written about Emeré's struggles with the darkness, but this is where it gets pretty intense. I'm proud of my writing in this chapter, but it gets pretty dark, so if you don't want to experience that, feel free to skip this chapter. That being said, this is an important chapter, and does include some priceless Emeré and Obi-Wan content, so I would encourage reading if you would like! Thanks!

    ɪ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴊᴀɴɢᴏ ꜰᴇᴛᴛ ʙʏ ᴍʏꜱᴇʟꜰ. Obi-Wan hadn't the nerve to come after me, so I was stuck doing this alone. Thankfully, my connection with the Force was stronger than ever, and tracking down the two familiar life forms I'd already met and sensed was easy.

Jango and Boba were on a platform of their own by the time I found them. I had to give them credit for that, at least--they were very efficient. But that was definitely going to come to my disadvantage.

I rushed out onto the platform, but Jango and Boba were expecting me. Boba, also soaked to the skin with rain, opened his eyes wide as he watched me race out onto the platform, and pointed. "Dad, look!" He shouted.

I finally took notice of Jango Fett. He was dressed, full-armed, in the same Mandolorian armor I'd noticed back on Coruscant after Padmé's assassin had been shot with a toxic dart. This was it--I was closer than ever to uncovering the mystery behind the attempted assassination and freeing my sister from hiding. Obi-Wan and I were right. This was him.

"Boba, get on board!" Jango demanded protectively.

That wasn't happening. I wasn't letting either of them get away if my life depended on it. Pulling my lightsaber out from my cloak, I ignited it and deflected two blasts Jango Fett had aimed at me. He held two guns, and was relentless. After I deflected the first two, he didn't cease fire--he continued to shoot, even as I gained on him, edging closer to his ship and the entrance ramp.

The second I stepped onto the main part of the platform, Jango activated his jetpack, blasting into the air and taking cover behind one of the platform pillars and I shot some of his blasts right back at him. I didn't yield--I continued holding my lightsaber out, waiting for the moment he would reveal himself again.

Unfortunately, before that happened, I heard the ship next to me roar to life. I looked up at the windshield, glancing into the cockpit, and sure enough, Boba was sitting up there, guiding the ship into the air.

My distraction came at a price. Jango, who I hadn't been keeping tabs on anymore, shot what must have been a small missile out of the back of his jetpack, straight at me. I was able to brace myself in time for the explosion, but it was still enough force to send me flying several feet backward. I rolled across the ground and got back to my feet, shaking off the ache in my muscles, but before I could, my eyes caught on something to my right.

Another cloaked figure was making its way onto the platform, clenching a lightsaber in its trembling hands. I knew who it was before the hood was pulled down or the familiar blue lightsaber was ignited.

"Stay away from her," Obi-Wan growled. His eyes were furious, but had a depth of calm to them, as he eyed the bounty hunter, in perfect control of his emotions. I stared at him in incredulity, my eyes wider than they had been when we'd pulled out of the kiss.

"I don't know if you noticed, Master Jedi, but she attacked me first," Jango Fett sneered, his voice coming out muddled through the armor.

Obi-Wan ignored him. "We need you to come with us," he called peacefully, but with a hint of menace in his voice.