𝟶𝟸𝟺

"It was the same thing, the same thing that happened to Will last year. And look at this. Look at the body temperatures." Nancy pulled out hospital records and placed them on the table.

"He likes it cold," Will commented, running his finger down the list of body temperatures.

"Okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer--" Mike began to connect the dots.

"Mrs. Driscoll." Nancy corrected.

"Right yeah, what time was this attack?" Mike questioned.

"Last night, around 9," Nancy responded, thinking nothing of it.

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathan whispered.

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests," Nancy explained.

"You weren't there?" Will asked, wondering if something was going on with the couple.

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" Jonathan tried to defend himself.

"Hallelujah." Nancy sarcastically commented, throwing her hands in the air in defeat. "Okay, what time was your sauna test?" Nancy veered back on topic to avoid all awkwardness possible.

"Around 9" All the kids mumbled in agreement.

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory." Nancy exclaimed.

"She's flayed, just like Billy and Stephanie," Mike concluded.

"Flayed?" Jonathan looked at Mike confused.

"Wait, Steph?" Nancy's eyes widened, she hadn't talked to her best friend in forever due to her job and now she was possessed. Nancy couldn't help but feel a hint of guilt over the teen's situation.

"The mind flayer. He flays people. Takes over their mind. Once they do that, they become him." Mike explained to his sister and Jonathan.

"So what Steph is just one of them now?" Nancy slowly became frazzled.

"Yeah, and if there are three flayed then we have to assume there are more." Lucas continued, unknowingly worsening the situation.

"Heather." El came to a terrifying realization. "They were doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming. Bad screams." El explained.

"What's a good scream?" Lucas asked, confused as to why the girl needed to specify.

"Max said-"

"Doesn't matter." Max cut the girl off, dreading the explanation that would've come out of her mouth.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy asked, realizing how long it's been since she spoke to her best friend, considering she didn't recognize the name of the teen.

"She's a lifeguard at the pool," Max responded.

"Heather Holloway?" Nancy clarified, and when all the kids nodded, the teens looked at each other horrified.

"Tom."

❀❀❀❀❀

El opened the front door of the Holloway household and they all entered cautiously, apprehensive about what they would find in there. Nancy and Jonathan entered first, calling out for anyone who might have been home.

"Do you guys smell that?" Everyone followed the smell and gagged as they entered the kitchen, the mess and the smell were horrible enough to assume that no one had lived there for years.

"More chemicals," Nancy observed, glancing around the kitchen.

"You think they're guzzling this shit?" Jonathan asked, picking up chemicals at random.