𝟶𝟷𝟻

The two teens and three kids were currently walking down the train tracks. Stephanie was using Steve as a human crutch as they walked slowly, not quite sure which way they were going.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked Dustin, the two began arguing over Dart about 5 minutes ago and everyone was getting sick of it.

"Yes. He had the same yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin answered.

"Yeah well, what about his little friends?" Stephanie asked, wincing every time she put the slightest amount of pressure on her leg, which was still bleeding.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max pointed out.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin corrected.

"Well when's he gonna molt again?" Max asked, wondering how big this thing is gonna get.

"It's gotta be soon. When he's done he'll be fully grown or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin concluded.

"Yeah and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats," Stephanie mumbles sarcastically.

"What? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas spun to look at the girl.

"No." Dustin denied, side-eyeing Stephanie.

"Yeah well, tell that to Mews." Stephanie looked Dustin right in the eye. This was her revenge.

"Who's Mews?" Max asked.

"He was our cat," Stephanie replied, looking over at Dustin who was fuming.

"Stephanie!" Dustin screamed, looking over at his sister.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas yelled, pushing Dustin back slightly.

"No! No! I- no." Lucas looked at him, knowing full well that the boy was lying. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!" Lucas called him out.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin replied defensively.

"Oh so now you admit it?" Lucas retorted.

"Guys who cares? We have to go?" Max screamed at the boys, attempting to break them up.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas was getting upset and everyone could see it.

"Yeah well, so did you! You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin replied, sticking his flashlight in Max's face.

"A stranger?" Max asked, deeply offended.

"You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas defended himself.

"But I didn't!" The two boys continued yelling when the teens heard screeching in the distance.

"You hear that too right? Like I'm not going crazy?" Stephanie whispered to Steve, not being able to raise her voice a lot due to how tired she was.

"Yeah, I hear it too." Steve turned in the direction of the noise. "Guys!" Steve caused the kids to shut up as he began walking uphill to the source of the noise.  The kids followed them until they could see almost all of Hawkins from the hill they were on.

"I don't see them," Dustin commented, seeing nothing but trees and fog. Lucas pulled out his binoculars to see if he could spot anything.

"The lab. They're going back home." Lucas stated, seeing Hawkins Lab in the distance.

"I hate to say it but that's a far-ass walk." Stephanie breathed out, looking at the lab.

"It'll be okay." Steve wrapped his arm tighter around the girl as the group began walking towards the lab.