𝟶𝟹𝟽

While the rest of the group was huddled in the Wheeler basement, Stephanie, Robin, and Nancy were finishing up their fake personas, thanks to Nancy's friends in the school newspaper. The girls had everything down on paper, but they needed to seal the deal in person, or it was all for nothing. While the original plan was to call Pennhurst and go to Victor Creel directly, that failed miserably, so they went with the next best thing.

"And you're positive that it'll work?" Stephanie wondered as the three entered Nancy's house.

"For the millionth time, Steph, yes," Nancy confirmed. She understood her friend's nervousness but tried her best to reassure her.

"I know, I know, but you can't blame me. I mean, this is fucking insane, not to mention illegal." Stephanie followed the two girls as they continued to walk, being careful not to run into any of the other members of the Wheeler family.

"At this point, who cares bout illegal?" Robin chuckled as they entered the basement. Steve, Lucas, and Dustin looked at the three teens as they entered.

"Okay, so we have a plan." Nancy smiled proudly at the group. Stephanie held the folders in her arms before passing them to Lucas, Dustin. and Steve.

"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions, we are not rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame." Robin relayed the information, looking over at Nancy with a smile.

"I'm now Ruth," Nancy spoke.

"I'm Rose." Robin smiled, turning to the boys once again.

"And I'm Alice." Stephanie finished, locking eyes with Steve.

"Alice?" He wondered, but Stephanie only shrugged in response.

"Nice GPA," Dustin commented, reading over the fake transcript.

"Thanks." Nancy smiled over at the boy. "So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Victor Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics-"

"To which they said no," Robin cut in.

"But we landed a three o'clock with the director." Stephanie smiled, content with their backup plan. "Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor."

"Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse," Nancy's voice turned solemn as she brought up the redhead, sitting a few feet away.

"And me, if I'm even cursed, that is," The blonde mumbled.

"Yeah, about that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and uh... we got some questions." Steve closed the folder and handed it back to Robin.

"Lots of questions." Lucas copied the action, handing the folder to Stephanie.

"So do we, and hopefully, Victor has the answers," Nancy responded. Steve then looked at the three girls, all holding their folders.

"Wait... wait a minute. Where's mine?" Steve chuckled as he noticed their averted gazes.

"It would be better if-" Nancy began, but Steve wasn't taking it lightly.

"Seriously, Nancy?" The teen stood up, causing Nancy to do the same.

"Can we not talk about this right here?" Nancy walked up the stairs, Steve hot on her trail.

"This isn't gonna be good, is it?" Robin asked, looking over at Stephanie.

"Probably not. Come on." The two girls stood up and ran upstairs, following the sound of Steve's whining.

"Nancy, you're out of your mind if you think I'm babysitting again." Steve threw his hands in the air.