17-The subway station

We walked down the street and met no one; probably the other survivors of the last Game were already gone... but who was still alive, well, that I didn't know.

We continued walking for a while and suddenly it started raining heavily. It was only the second time it had rained there.

"Is it far?" I asked, already soaking wet.

"No, but if we run we'll get there sooner." Kuina said, starting to run.

Chishiya and I followed her.

When we arrived at a building that looked like an old office block, we went inside to retrieve the second backpack.

We were so wet that we left a trail of water on the ground. Kuina didn't seem too bothered, but then again, she was still in her swimsuit.

My shorts and one-piece swimsuit were glued to my body and I still had my flip-flops on. I was starting to feel cold and I shivered.

Chishiya wrung out his hoodie, then realizing that it was now useless and would take forever to dry, he took it off and threw it on one of the desks, snorting.

I froze for a few seconds. Even his shirt had clung to his body, highlighting his muscles; his wet hair fell into his eyes and the moment he caught me staring at him he gave me one of his smirks.

I couldn't help but think he was so damn sexy. The cold that had come over me suddenly left, replaced by a strong heat that forced me to fan myself with my hands.

Chishiya came up to me and looked me up and down.

"I find it suddenly hot in here, don't you think?" He whispered to me so that Kuina couldn't hear.

I bit my lip.

Meanwhile, Kuina had made her way to one of the desks on the right wall and retrieved the backpack. When she stood up and saw us super close and staring intently at each other, she opened her mouth in amazement, then she laughed, bringing Chishiya and me back to reality.

"Guys, get a grip please." She said, still laughing.

Chishiya and I ended up joining her, even though according to our hearts, we had just finished running a marathon.

"So, I would say that first of all we change, then we eat something and decide what to do." Kuina said.

"Yes, I agree." I replied.

"Perfect, I'll explain my plan later then." Chishiya said going towards Kuina.

He already knew what to do, obviously, and this time I wasn't surprised.

I approached them and Chishiya opened the backpack, which evidently contained some clothes; he pulled out a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Cute, but I don't think they're for me." Chishiya smiled as Kuina snatched them from his hand.

"These are for Jen!" She told him, taking back the backpack. Then, she rummaged through it and pulled out a pair of pale gray sweatpants, a t-shirt, and some kind of shaded cardigan, and handed them to Chishiya.

Knowing him, he would have complained.

"And the hoodie?" He asked, reaching into the backpack and pulling out a pair of long jeans.

"Would you stop taking other people's things?!" Kuina scolded him, grabbing her jeans. "I took what I found, if it doesn't fit you it's your problem!"

That scene made me laugh a lot and they gave me a dirty look.

"Sorry." I said, still smiling. "But actually, I too would have preferred a sweat pants and a hoodie." I told Kuina, teasing her.