6-The Beach

We both widened our eyes slightly when we looked at each other, but we also thought the same thing as neither of us said anything.

"Kuina told me you have skills that can be useful to us." Hatter said.

"To me she just said that you have showers here and that the food isn't bad."

Hatter laughed and White Hoodie smiled, but without being noticed by the others.

"I'd say she was right about you." He said spreading his arms. "Welcome to the Beach!"

Then, he stopped walking and looked at me. "Now, let me explain the rules."

"Here we go again with some rules." I pursed my lips and White Hoodie was trying hard not to laugh, so he started looking out the window.

"If it doesn't suit you, I'll be happy to escort you out." Said the guy in the shirt, the one who looked like a psychopath.

"Calm down Niragi". Hatter looked at him and he took a step back, but he clearly didn't agree that he was the boss in there. "I like the girl, she has fire and we need people like that for our purpose."

"What purpose?" I asked.

"Let me finish explaining the rules first, then we'll get to it." He paused for effect. "We only have three rules at the Beach. Rule 1, always wear a swimsuit suit wherever you go."

My face expressed all my surprise at those words. I shifted my gaze to White Hoodie, who still had the hoodie(with the hood raised over his head like me), but he was no longer wearing sweatpants and sneakers, but a swimsuit (white of course) with shorts that reached his knees and flip flops.

"You can't conceal a weapon in a swimsuit, so it's safe. Rule 2," continued Hatter. "All cards are the Beach's property. That means that all the cards you've collected, we'll hang onto for safekeeping. Those who have contributed their cards will be promoted in numerical order. You see, after our collective effort sends out our first person, it won't be long before we can gather enough duplicate cards to send out a second person, then a third, and so on. The day when the Beach's brothers and sisters can leave this country is fast approaching."

This guy liked to talk.

"Rule 3, the last one, death to all traitors." Another effective pause. "People in this room have sacrificed everything to ensure a first departure from the Beach one glorious day. Soldiers in a great cause! To those who plot against us...Beach shows no mercy."

"So let me get this straight, to stay here I have to wear a swimsuit, give you the cards I've already found and the ones I will find, and if I betray you you'll put a hole in my head right?" I said and Hatter laughed again.

"One Chishiya was enough, but I don't know if I can bear two." Niragi snorted, twisting his lips.

Perfect, Kuina's friend was not well liked by this Niragi. And this Niragi was not well liked by me. I decided that I would meet this Chishiya guy whoever he was because if he and Niragi didn't get along, he had already acquired an extra point in my eyes.

"So..." Hatter then said.

"Jen."

"So Jen, what cards did you bring me?"

While he was explaining the rules to me, I looked at the wall behind him with all the cards drewn on it, some with an X on them and some without. The 2 of Spades (which coincidentally was in my possession) and Clubs were still missing; the 4 of Clubs and Diamonds, the 6 of Spades, the 7 of Hearts and lastly the dreaded 10 of Hearts. In addition to all the face cards, if they existed.