eleven | fight to win

-ELEVEN-

"Let him go." Said Wednesday. Outside she seemed calm, but inside it was clear that she was short on patience.

"You two want to end up in the stocks too?" Asked Lucas.

"Remember what happened the last time we did this dance?" The goth replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Get 'em!" Exclaimed one of the bullies.

Juniper promptly punched him in the face, steering him towards Wednesday, who nearly broke his arm and placed him in the stockade just as Juniper removed Eugene from it.

"Are you two still here?" Both girls said in unison, the dryad leaning against the stockade and Wednesday glaring at the two of the boys.

"I can't get into more trouble with my dad." Groaned the other boy.

As the boys turned tail and ran, Juniper conjured up a few tissues for Eugene. She and Wednesday both made an effort to clean him up, and just as they finished, the boy said, "Nobody's ever stood up for me before."

"You said Hummers stick together." Came Wednesday's curt reply.

"Frankly, I hate bullies and I absolutely despise those three boys." Juniper scowled, wiping Eugene's glasses and handing them back to him.

"I know this might come as a shock, but I don't have any friends." The poor boy replied, "Thanks, Juniper." He smiled at his clean glasses.

"You remind me of my brother, sans the desire to strangle him every waking moment," admitted Wednesday. She stood up and said, "Now follow me. I need to know more about this Crackstone. We have a meeting house to break into."

They arrived at the small place, where they noted it was locked.

"Ah. Seems like we've got a little bit of a situation here," Juniper clicked her tongue as she saw the clean, brand new lock. "Seems like a simple padlock. Should be easy to open with anything relatively sharp." Upon seeing Eugene's shocked look at how she was so well versed in the art of identifying how to pick locks, she specified, "What? My brother William went through a kleptomania phase. I kind of learned a few things."

"How many brothers do you have?" He asked, fixing his glasses.

"Just the three. Lewis, Oswald, and William." She elaborated.

"Cool, cool..." he trailed off.

"Give me your retainer," said Wednesday, an idea striking her.

"What? Why? Your teeth are really good." Said Eugene. "Not as straight or white as Enid's, but..."

"Hand it over!" Scowled Wednesday.

He did exactly so and asked, "What if Mistress Arlene catches us?"

The goth fiddled about with the lock a little more till it popped open. Shoving the door inwards, she said, "Hive code, deny everything."

"That's not hive code!" He exclaimed. Unfortunately, he was ignored. "What's the big deal anyway? The fudge is definitely the best thing about this place."