chapter forty two

Tae's POV
I sit on the bench after practicing my shooting.

It's alright, it's not what it used to be and that's where I'm trying to get. Once I get there, I will become better than that. Then I'll be the better than my best at one point.

I look at Tyla sitting on the bleachers, watching me.

She always makes time for me.

She gets up and walks down the stairs, once she's on the court she walks towards me.

"Are you done?," she asks looking up at me.

There's something on her mind.

"No. I'll be here for a few more hours," I say and she nods.

"Okay, I'll go back now," she says about to walk back.

"Say what you want to say with your chest," I say before she turns.

"You look happy when you do this. Does it satisfy your inner child?," she asks taking the ball out of my hands.

"It does, this is where I find peace," I answer her taking the ball back and shooting.

"I have a proposal for you,"

"I'm listening,"

"If you..," she says holding my waist

"Score five times in your next game, I'll have a surprise for you," she says looking at me with a flirty smile.

"Is that so? Not if my team wins?," I ask

"Yes it so, baby. And no, this is something you enjoy so all that pressure is unnecessary. You having fun at the game is all I want for you. Everything else is what you want from it" she says.

"Well, I'll be sitting back in my seat, being a pretty supporter and lover, and I will be here until you're done," she says kissing my cheek and bouncing to her seat.

I look at her going back.

What has she got planned now.

I shoot again and she cheers when it goes in.

"Wooo! Let's go Tae! That's my baby!," She shouts shaking her green pom poms, my favourite colour.

I laugh at how cute she is and continue practicing.

..

Tyla's POV

It's time to be a whore!

I wiggle in my seat as I order a few one piece sets.

I really like the black one, it's just not suitable for what I want to do

It's been 2 hours since we got here and Tae is still going at it and looking scrumptious I must say. I must also say that I'm bored out of my mind.

Her focus is something admirable.

I wonder if she knows that I know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Yes yes I know. Ugh.

If I tell her I might just hang myself for real.

"My love. I need water," she says from the court.

She's sitting on the court, heaving.

I get her water bottle and walk down once again.

I get to her and hand her her bottle, she drinks the whole 500ml.

I kneel next to her and tie her hair again so it doesn't get in her face.

I give her a towel to wipe her sweat then cross my legs and sit next to her.

When she's done competing? Playing? In her match. She'll be too tired to drive and she'll finally be my passenger princess. Hehehe

"You're so beautiful I could stare at you all day," I say looking at her with my head tilted to the side.

"I'd let you stare at me all day," she says tilting her head to the side as well.

"You have beautiful lips,"

"Sit on them,"

"No! Finish practicing," I say getting up.

She holds my legs.

"Come here,"

"No baby, you have a goal. Don't get distracted," I say kissing her forehead and she removes her arms from my legs.

"I'm done though,"

"You're lying and you know it. Focus," I say now going back to my seat again.