chapter four

Not proofread

(one year later)

I finished school last year and moved out of the house. Thank God for the latter. My mom and her 'friend' were becoming very close. I've been going to therapy for a while now and I'm feeling better than ever. I wake up and get ready for work. Work is actually pretty cool, those people are funny.

(At work)
"Would y'all fuck with me if I was a chicken strip?," Trey asks.

"Nah but I'd eat you up," JB looked at Trey.

"Nigga I'm gay," he says with wide eyes.

"Yeah and??," JB looks at him.

"Aren't you straight?," Trey asks crossing his arms.

"I don't think so but I know I wanna fuhk you though," JB says walking closer to Trey and trapping him.

"Get the camera," I say to Ace and we take a few pictures. They talk to each other in low tones and we don't hear what they say. JB walks away smiling and Trey just stays there blushing. THEN HE FOLLOWED BEHIND HIM. I think we know what they went to do.

Tea.

We get back to work and I finish washing this lady's hair. We talk a little and I rinse her hair thoroughly then leave her in the blower.

"Are you going to get your hair done as well or did you just want a wash?," I ask the lady.

"Just a wash thank you," she says. I nod then hear the doorbell ring.

I look up and see Tae. I walk up to her.

"Good morning, what would you like to do with your hair today?," I ask her.

"I just need to wash and deep condition it," she says and I nod then lead her to the chair and get to work.

As I'm making her wet. Wait. As I'm making her hair wet JB walks in the door.

"The old lady is coming folks," he says then starts retwisting this niggas locs.

"Is it too hot?," I ask Tae.

"No it's warm,". "Okay,".

I look for the shampoo, not finding it I go take one off the shelf.

"Who's that stud with the tattoos and pretty hair?," Nyla asks me getting some more nail polish.

"That's Tae," I say.

"That's that bich who bullied you!? It's her right? I oughta beat her ass, matter of fact I'm going right now," she says and storms off to her. I go to the bathroom.

I wash my hands, dry them and walk out. I see Trey holding Nyla back from pouncing on Tae while Tae is just on her phone minding her business. I walk to Nyla.

"Dawg I appreciate this but not now and not at work, I just need to do her hair then she'll leave," I say and she exhales.

"Okay but if she does some shit again it's up,". Trey let's her go slowly and I walk back to Tae.

I wash her hair and rinse it a few times. I put conditioner in then leave to attend another customer. I undo her hair and comb it out and tell her to sit for a while. Her hair was dry as hell, damaged, dead and breaking. We can fix that though. I go back to Tae and rinse her hair thoroughly while combing it out.

"You want to air dry or blow dry?,".

"Air," she says and then I braid her hair, she pays then leaves. I go back to that other lady, this is going to be a lot of work.

After a very busy day of work we're finally done and now we're cleaning up.

"I think I might be attracted to JB," Trey says sweeping under a table.

"Bro I'm all for it as long as y'all don't let it get between work. Like if you guys have a fight don't bring it here," I say cleaning the mirrors and wiping tables.

"Chile and y'all better not fuck during breaks because Lord knows how horny gay people be," Nyla says packing all the stock.

"Word," I smile.

The people cleaning upstairs come down and we close up.

As I'm walking to my car I notice someone standing next to it. A stud. I walk closer and notice that it's Tae, I sigh.

"Tyla, can I speak to you please?," she asks walking closer to me.

"What do you want Tae," I ask her leaning against my car.

"I just need to apologize, properly, for everything, just give me a chance," she says.

She's been asking me this for a whole year like this nigga has done enough why won't she leave me alone. I do applaud her persistence though.

I look at the roses then back at her.

"Okay," I sigh.

"Does that mean yes?,".

"Yes Tae,".

"Can I take you out on Saturday then, 10 o'clock, I'll pick you up," she says looking hopeful.

Curse my big heart.

"Yes Tae," I say sighing.

"Thank you," she smiles then hugs me out of nowhere.

"Bye," she says then walks away quickly.

"Bye," I say going in my car.

Well, WAIT!
How does she know where I live!?

......................................................

WELL! YOU LIKE IT!?

Pooh shiesty that's my dawg, but, Pooh you know I'm really shiesty!.

I'm starting to like this story too✨.

~D🖤✨