Part 32: Time's almost up

Depuis le début

Lily rolled her eyes. "Fine. I concede. You all win. Can we just not talk about it ever again?"

"Deal," Megan joked.

Shannon laughed. "Sorry, Lily. I was just curious."

"It's all good," Lily muttered as she clasped on her bracelet. She slipped on her Liz Canvas shoes, and tied the pink laces. She stood up and looked at the mirror Teddy had given her.

"I'd try your hair up," the mirror spoke to her.

Lily sighed and ran a hand through her bangs. "I'll do it!" Shannon suggested.

Lily chuckled. "Nah., I'm just doing something simple."

"I like that mirror," Megan told her. "Seems pretty helpful."

"I can be," Lily said with a shrug. She took a hair band, and simply pulled her hair into a high side ponytail again. It was becoming a favorite style of hers. Mainly because it was easy to do.

"Are you going now?" Shannon asked, seeing that Lily was ready.

"No, I told Lola I'd wait for her," Lily replied as she dropped onto her bed.

"I'm almost ready," Lola said. Lily looked to see that she was slipping on her shoes.

"I'll wait too," Izzy said as she tied the laces of her last shoes.

"No need. I'm ready," Lola said with a smile.

"Then let's go," Megan said as she hopped off her bed. The girls all left the room, grabbing their coats as they did. Lily grabbed her leather jacket, loving the warmth it radiated. They left the common room and started for the Entrance Hall.

"So, where are you meeting the boys at?" Shannon asked.

"Rex said he'd meet me in the Entrance Hall," Lola said with a giddy voice.

"Jace said he'd meet me outside," Izzy answered.

"I told Xavier I'd see him at the gate," Lily told them. They ascended the stairs, and walked into the Entrance Hall. There were a few students still milling about before leaving.

Lola squealed. "I see Rex. Bye!" she said as she ran off to where Rex was standing by the Great Hall doors.

Lily smiled at her friend. "Well, I'm going to go ahead and meet up with Xavier. Later."

"Later, Lil," Megan said.

"We'll want details later," Shannon teased.

"Bye, Lily," Izzy said with a wave.

Lily slipped on her jacket as she stepped outside into the cold. There wasn't much wind, but the chill in the air was cold against her cheeks. There was a pathway through the snow, leading toward the gate, so Lily followed it, not feeling up to walking through the snow. She soon saw a head of black just ahead of her.

"Xavier!" Lily called. Xavier stopped walking and turned to look at her. He grinned as she ran toward him. "Looks like we met before the gate," she joked.

Xavier chuckled. "Well, not far from the gate, that is," he laughed, looking toward the gate a few yards away.

Lily shrugged. "Anyways, what's the plan?" The two began walking again.

"Well, I remembered how you told me that you guys all went to the Shrieking Shack at the beginning of the year, so I thought we'd grab some food and a few drinks and take them up there," Xavier suggested.

Lily smiled. "That sounds cool. Three Broomsticks or Hog's Head?"

"Well, Three Broomsticks is closer," Xavier replied. "I just figured we'd stop there."