cuddles?

its been about a week since i have been in the hospital. after the first couple days i was much more alert and i could talk properly but my side still hurt a lot. jagger stayed with me all the time keeping me company but i know he wants to do something else, something with the guys. he doesn't want to be in a hospital chair all day every day. he walked in this morning from going to pick up some breakfast at wendys.

"Good morning my beautiful fiancé," he said walking in with a bag in his hand. He still calls me fiancé because we never actually signed the marriage certificate or kissed at our wedding.

"Good morning my handsome fiancé," I said back "what are your plans for today?" I asked digging in the bag for food.

"sit here with you why?" he asked, taking a bite from his sandwich.

"I think you should go hang out with the boys you know do your thing." I said not really knowing what they do as I have only hung out with them a handful of times.

"hmm no" he said

"what why" i asked

"because I need to be here with you. if something happens and i'm not here-" he was quickly cut off by julie and Makenzi walking through the door.

"We will call you immediately," they said, walking over to me.

"so you really don't want me here with you" he said sadly

"no i do but you need time away from me. You are going to end up not wanting me for the rest of your life if you sit here with me all day everyday for the next couple months." I said, trying to cheer him up.

"I don't think I could ever get bored of you baby. I love you too much." He said.

"Yeah yeah yeah well we need a girls day so scat" MaKenzi said as Julie pushed him out of the room. I laughed softly, happy that my friends were here. Julie brought some board games and Makenzi brought my laptop so we could watch movies. We played monopoly, uno, and candy land up until about lunch time when Julie left to get food from Chick-fil-a. While Julie got food and Makenzi and I set up a movie, the movie was called Descendants, one of my favorites. We watched all four descendants movies and the beginning of high school musical, when my fiancé walked in. He had some pink roses in his hand and said

"I'm backkkk beautiful."

"Hi handsome your back early." I said, a little confused.

"No I'm not it's 5:30pm." He said looking at his watch.

"Oh my gosh really?" I asked, looking at the clock on my computer.

"Oops we'll we gotta go bye y/n/n love you." The girls said packing up their things and leaving the room.

"Bye girls!" I said waving because it still hurts to move. Jagger sat down in the chair and put the flowers on the table beside me.

"I'll be right back, I gotta use the bathroom." He said, kissing my forehead. I really wanted to cuddle with him because I haven't in a week so me being sneaky I moved over to where my arm was against the side rail thing and there was enough room for him to lay next to me. It hurt a lot but I really need him to cuddle me. He walked out of the bathroom and back to his seat.

"Okay now what should we-" he stopped his sentence when he looked up and saw that I had moved.

"Baby why did you move? Are you okay?" He said while his eyes scan my body for any sign of pain or discomfort.

"I'm fine, okay. Now can you lay with me?" I asked patting the spot next to me.

"Baby girl you got shot a week ago if I try to lay with you I could reopen your wound. And this is coming from the doctor so I can't" he said sounding exasperated. I could tell that all he wanted to do was to cuddle with me and hold me never to let go, but he thought it would hurt me.

"Just for a few minutes at least lay next to me and hold my hand not my waist? I know you want to." I asked, practically begging him.

He sighed softly. "Baby you know I can't" he pinched the bridge of his nose turning it slightly pink. I was gonna try one more time.

"Jagger please." was all I said looking at him with puppy dog eyes holding my hand out.

He looked away, making my heart sink. I was so close to tears that I had to look away. I heard the chair squish down making the same weird noise that it has been for the past week. That made my tears flow.

They ran down my face feeling like fire to the touch. I tried to keep my breathing calm, but it was so hard. I just wanted to sob, but I didn't want to make Jagger feel bad so I tried to hold it in until I felt a hand on my shoulder as I went to roll over quickly remembering I cannot.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked the sadness making his voice crack.

"I just miss your cuddles because the past 6 months we have been sleeping together since I basically moved in with you after you proposed and I grew so used to sleeping in your arms that the past week has been complete torture. I try to not think about it and sleep by myself but I just can't sleep without you.'' I said as a few tears dropped from my eyes.

"Baby... I could hurt you... you know what fine, fine but we can't cuddle cuddle ok?" He said, making me confused and not really cheering me up. He let out a relieved sigh as his thumb brushed up and down my arm where he was holding me.

I felt the bed tip down on the side he was sitting on, making me try to turn around, but his hand and my wound prevented me from doing so. I think he moved to the top of the bed which made me even more confused. His hand was so reassuring that I almost let out a sob before quickly stopping myself.

"Roll over slowly." His deep majestic voice boomed out over the silence that had succumbed to the room. It made chills go down my spine as I slowly did as he asked, but he still helped me of course. My waist starts to ache making me wince and my muscles tighten up like electrical pain was coursing through my body. As soon as it passed I looked up to my fiance to see an utter look of fear. He stopped moving and his eyes held tears that he must have been trying to hide.

"I'm so sorry! I hurt you! I'm- I-I should-" he started.

"Jagger I'm fine you didn't do anything to me. calm down i do get shooting pains from time to time even when no one is touching me. I did get shot, it's gonna happen?" I said, moving my hand to caress his cheek wiping his tears.

"Are you sure it wasn't me?" he asked again, moving his hand away.

"Yes I got one earlier today when I was with the girls and they were in their chairs. I'm good." I said holding his hand.

"Ok" he said, letting out a relieved sigh. He helped me turn until I was flat on my back with my head resting on his lower abdomen as I wrapped my arms around his waist, his left arm wrapping itself around my shoulder. I smiled at finally being in his arms once again. I fell asleep quickly, having the best sleep I have had all week.