"Where are you going ma'am?" Someone asked

"I'm here for the inspection" I replied

"The building is in a bad condition. It is not advisable to be here. We're all going" I was told

"Oh really!"

"Yes please go from here"

I took out my phone and called Mr Khan to let him know about what was the people saying, but he didn't answer.

What should I do? He has given me some important work and if I leave without completing it, he will think that I'm just lazy and then he will scold me and say I'm unworthy. I can't let him win. I will just quickly complete my work and leave

I looked around the building, it didn't look so bad to me, I can at least take the measurements. I returned to the people.

"You can leave from here, I will also go as soon as I'm done taking the measurements" I said

"You should leave with us"

"It's fine" I insisted. Everyone left, only I stayed back.

It was a beautiful house, but the building was very old. We were given the project to design it and rebuild it

I took out my sketch book, my measuring tape, and other stuff from my bag. It was a two storey building I was quickly done taking the measurements of the whole house only one room was left.

I was on the top floor, I held the doorknob and pulled it, but the door was stuck, I tried harder to open it, it still didn't budge. I took my bag off my shoulder, and kept the things I was holding on a table in the corner. Then i applied my whole body weight to open the door and thankfully it opened. I sighed in relief, I quickly went inside.

The room was different it still had some paintings and other wall decorations, one of the paintings caught my eyes, someone made a beautiful art of the galaxy, I got lost in it, suddenly a loud thud scared me, I ran to exit the room, but the door could only open slightly, I peaked outside and saw some rocks stopping the door from opening, I looked up and saw a part of ceiling fallen, I gasped in horror

"Is somebody there? Help" I shouted

I tried pushing the door with all of my strength, I felt something falling on me I looked up and saw cement from the ceiling, suddenly a large piece fell, I moved back just in the nick of time, but I tripped and fell, my ankle pained so badly, I screamed in pain.

Oh god! why didn't I listen to those men! I should call someone for help. I searched for my phone, but then i realised I left my phone outside.

Allah please have mercy on me. I don't want to die I'm too young.

I looked around the room to find any exit. There was a window, I tried opening it, but it didn't open, I didn't want to put too much pressure on it.

I just sat losing all the hopes of being saved. Tears pooled in my eyes.

******

.
Izhaan's pov
.

Ever since I had a chat with maa, my mind is not at peace, it's happening too fast, too soon, I don't feel ready. I try very hard with Reem, but her repulsion makes me see darkness in our future.

I have grown up watching my grandparents and my parents living like a loving couple. I also dreamed to be like them and I expect love out of my marriage.

I don't love Reem, but I definitely have something soft in my heart for her even though she had given me all the reasons to hate her

I don't expect us to fall in love instantly. We have our whole lives for that, for now I just want a little understanding, a little respect for each other.