Chocolates

"Are you okay, son?" Porche asked as he ran his hand through Gulf's hair who had his head in Porche's lap.

"I don't know."

"You do understand why Mew is acting like that, right?"

"I do but how am I supposed to make him understand me? I've tried to explain everything to him but he still hates me. Will he ever accept me?"

"Whether he does or not, you should do your best."

"He hates me." Gulf said in solemn voice.

"He's scared. People lash out when they are backed in corner. He has no one by his side who would have his back."

Gulf said, "He has me."

"Then show him. Let him know that he'll always have you by his side."

"Would he let me stand by his side?"

"Do you want to?"

"Is it weird that I do?"

"Only you can answer that."

"Would you accept him as family?"

"I trust your judgement, Gulf. If you think he's part of family then so do I."

"What about Dad? And everyone else?"

"Your father is only worried about you. Our world is dark and dangerous already without having someone purposefully try to sabotage everything."

"He didn't mean to."

"I know but it doesn't change the fact that you could've died. Kinn would never let go of that. Your safety is above everything else."

"Uncle Vegas looked so angry." Gulf shuddered.

"You know how Vegas gets when it comes to family. He had lost too much already, Gulf, he can't bear to lose anyone else. You've always been his favorite."

"I want everyone to accept Mew. He's not a bad person."

"We know that but we can't accept him unless he accepts you."

Gulf frowned as he thought about his relationship with Mew. He wasn't sure if he could he call it a relationship. He could understand how Mew was feeling but this was their current circumstances and he couldn't do anything to change it. Gulf went to kitchen and saw Pete eating fruits.

"Did Mew eat anything?" He asked.

"No."

"I'll take something for him to eat."

"Gulf? Macau called."

Gulf froze midstep, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah. He's coming back next week."

"Let Ryan explain everything to Mew. He would be more trusting of his brother and it would be better to hear it directly from Ryan."

"Yeah."

Gulf went to guest room where Mew was staying. Mew was sitting on bed frowning at his phone and after few seconds he threw it on the bed.

"What happened?"

Mew turned to Gulf and whined, "They are being mean to me."

Gulf put down the plate, "Who is?"

"My friends. I told them that I wouldn't be coming to college for sometime and they asked why so I said I got married."

"You said you didn't want them to know."

"Yeah, but I couldn't tell them about all mafia stuff so I thought that was the only thing that made sense."