Chapter 38 (It's Him)

Start from the beginning

“Ma, I usually touch those women’s heads in that dusty place... where we usually go for holidays and functions, and almost all of them, have.... this ‘village hairstyle’ is it, the one that you are plaiting me,” she says, as she sits in between Hector’s thighs and they’re seated on the floor, in this very large living room, that has a beautiful Egyptian  carpet and red 'china' designed couches, and not forgetting the flat-screen TV, that’s on the wall, above the fire surround or fireplace.
This house looks gigantic.

“Yes, it’s the one and how did you know it’s a village hairstyle,” he says, with a smile and I must say that Hector has changed, I mean he is 27 and he now has a big body, well not that big but he looks like, he has gained a few extra weights.
He makes another line, using an afro comb and from there, he takes the black thick wool and begins to plait her.

“Well it’s a FEELING and that’s because I asked Zithulele and he told me, but nevermind... I know I will look beautiful either way, that I know for sure but the problem is that, I will need to see it... tomorrow is my birthday isn’t it,” she says and slowly but silently, Hector let’s out a sigh as he looks at his daughter’s head and nothing but tears start streaming and one should see the way, he quickly wipes them away and continues to do her hair.
She has never even a single day been into a salon, as Hector prefers to do her hair from home and also have her home-schooled – yes he wants to be close to his daughter at all cost.

“One day, you will surely see the beauty that you hold... but for now... let me finish with it,” he says, as he quickly wears a smile and immediately Zithulele sashays in, with a banana milkshake and a lollipop 🍭, and he makes his way to where Hector is sitting and sits down but not before telling his ‘baby sister' to open her mouth and him, safely placing the lollipop there, with a smile, he surely loves his sister.

“Please Zithulele... I know you want to gossip about your dreams or visions but now is not the time or place... I am still traumatized with the last one,” she says, surprising Hector.
I mean what is she implying?

“So, is they a problem with me... spending time with my younger sister and my lovely mother,” he says, whilst drinking his favourite banana 🍌 milkshake and I know that you are asking why, Zithulele is not with Harriet anymore, well she’s in the United Kingdom now, doing some work with the restaurants – yes, the initial restaurant in Houghton, has grown into a multimillion empire, thanks to the devil’s advocate ‘Harriet Khanyile' and the family’s business lawyer, Mr Seleka.
That’s why Zithulele has become so close to Hector, as his own ‘self-proclaimed’ mother has been traveling from country to another.

Hector is done with the corn rows and asked to be excused from the very ‘weird’ conversation that Zithulele was having with his only sister, in fact she’s the only dimpled girl in the family and that’s why her uncles and her father, including her brothers spoil her rotten.
He is now busy trying to replace the banana milkshake that Zithulele took from the breakfast table that is filled with different types of milkshakes and in all honesty, the kitchen is filled with different type of things, that indicate that tomorrow is a huge party – and yes, tomorrow Zithulele and Buhle turn 8.
One can see the jumping castle outside and they’re five of them, and also in the open big garden that is surrounded with flowers, one can also see the ‘small party’ chairs for children.

“And to what, do I owe this visit... shouldn’t you be in the Northern part of Africa now,” Hector says, as Zimele slowly moves in and quickly moves to hug him, from behind and starts kissing him on the neck. THIS MAN AND BEING SO CLICHE.

“No... it’s not happening... forget about it... I am not in the mood for a joyride on your monstrous penis,” he says, moving away from Zimele and he looks hurt.