Chapter 25 (The Underwear)

Chapter 25.
NOW WENA, whoever that lied to you and told you that Limpopo is not beautiful, that person and his or her entire family deserves a death sentence.
I mean how can nature be so beautiful and so daring with it’s beauty, man I give up when I become Patrice or Elon Musk, I am moving to Limpopo, finish end of story, it ends there, no continuation.
Limpopo boasts of so many cultures and languages, from siPedi to Setswana and Sesotho including many others that are not officially counted in the South African Official Languages and it is sad but anyways Hector and his family along with his beautiful daughter are in the car, and as they approach the house, Hector looks at Buhle, who is fast asleep and his eyes move to the bead in his wrist.
“Everything will be fine, you must just have faith in The Almighty and trust him to do his will,” MmeMoichela says as the car slowly enters the yard and through the wind screen you can easily see an old woman and a man that could probably be in his fifties.
Hector’s siblings all step out of the car, with him stepping out the last one and as he tries to greet the old woman, she slowly stands up and clicks her tongue as she moves back into the house, pushing the man away from the entrance of the door, making Hector to look at his mother who goes inside with the baby bags with his siblings following behind.
“Don’t mind her... she’s still angry and pissed off but she will come through, so how are you doing nephew and how is my granddaughter,” he says, moving to carry Buhle and bringing them inside.
“She’s fine as you can see,” he says following his uncle and seeing that it’s still in the same condition that it was in, 11 years ago, yes he last came to this house, when he was 10 years old and it was when his grandmother and father entered into an heated argument, where she sworn to never allow Jerry into the family house again, along with his kids.
I mean it was so bad that this woman that calls herself, his grandmother and a mother to his father, couldn’t even attend her own son’s  funeral, people bear grudges but not on this level, that’s witchcraft.
“Uncle Daniel, I wanted to discuss something with you, if you are not busy,” he says as he watches his uncle playing with Buhle, man this child is only about a week old and already she’s in Limpopo.
“Well, nephew you need to rest first... you are not in any good shape yet... it’s not easy carrying a child and giving birth,” he says with a smile.
“So when do you suggest that I call to discuss with you,” he asks with a smile.
“After you have eaten and had a good perfect rest, and don’t worry my wife will prepare something for you, she just went to the shop near by,” he says with a smile.
Before Hector can say anything, his grandmother enters the living room and puts on the television, raising the volume and I’m like can’t this woman see that these two people are having a conversation and this her television voice can destroy the baby's ears.

“Shame, it’s been over 16 years since you married that ‘she-male’ of yours and brought her into my house, she’s only eating and getting fat with these meals that she keeps on feeding us, which are full of oil and of which I primarily suspect have jammed her 'desert womb'.. now look what is happening, a womb that is needed is placed in a “man’s” belly, men are giving birth and she’s still saying God’s time is the best,” she says with her eyes glued to the television.

“Mme... this is the last time that you will be insulting my wife like this... why are you transfering your anger to the wrong place and failing to address the issue here,” he says with anger.

Hector tries to talk but she immediately silences him, “Listen and listen very careful to me, I did not say that the floor is opened to more 'incomplete or rather dysfunctional human beings' like you,” she says pointing her index finger to Hector.
Hector slowly stands up and moves to carry his baby, and as tears quickly gear up in his eyes, he moves to his mother’s room with Buhle in his arms as he remembers what his grandmother just told him, and from there he knows that he is going to have a long week, if not a month.

Anyways Lerato is with Mukuna in a beautiful park that boasts of great beauty, and green grass that looks freshly cut.
She didn’t come alone, she came with one of her siblings and she is preoccupied with a game that she is playing on Lerato’s phone and she is seated at a respectful distance from them.
“Ratu... why didn’t you tell me that you needed the money, why did you have to embarrass my family like that and place someone that is so dear to me in unnecessary trouble and where the heck is my furniture,” he says as he looks at her.
“I’m sorry for everything that I have caused you to feel and the pain and embarrassment that I placed on Ma... I am really sorry but I needed the money,” she says looking down.
“But why didn’t you ask, you always ask for large sums of money and I am always giving you like the fool I am, so what type of money did you want, that forced you to place my family on a spotlight like this” he says.
“The reason was because my younger sister the one that opened the door for you yesterday (Mukuna slowly nods his head) is actually supposed to be operated on by Wednesday next week and to date, I have already saved 70K, I don’t want her in a public hospital, those people work for pay and not for the betterment of people’s lives,” she says.
He let’s out a sharp sigh as he rubs the plums of hands together and he then looks around and immediately stands up and goes to the ice cream van.
He comes back to Lerato, and hands over to her the vanilla cup to her, after giving the sister a chocolate one.
As for Mukuna, he focuses on his ice cream silently and don’t blame him, blame Hector who had a tendency of loving ice cream uncontrollably during his pregnancy, after he had graduated from the first three months of fruits.
When Zimele and his brothers were unreachable, he would find help and companionship In Mukuna, who would drop anything for him and Hector knows that all the family members of this family will do whatever it is, to make him happy, so why not use it to his advantage.
“They want me to kill you... all of the brothers want your head,” he says making Lerato to immediately stop eating her ice cream and have her eyes glued to him.
“And will you kill me or rather let me rephrase that question, how many hours am I left with,” she says with tears gearing up.
He remains quiet as he looks at Lerato’s younger sister who is busy with the phone, whilst licking her ice cream.
“How I can kill someone that I have grown to love, I love you Ratu... whether you are always nagging or being unnecessarily tight to me... that nagging and that tightness, has won a place within my heart,” he says with a smile as he looks at her, making her to blush as she wipes away her tears.
“But if you love me and they want my death, how are you going to go about this, because I love you too but I have also wronged you and family,” she says.
“They is only one person that can solve this, and that’s Ma... only Ma can solve this... Pack yours bags, we are going to Limpopo,” he says making Lerato to look at him with her eyes wide opened.