[n] Two Notorious Actions

[n]

I didn't go back to the police.

I decided to carry on with whatever this was and see where it would take me. Because surely, everything had an end to it.

I was picking at the edge of my notebook, my mind wandering to one of the favours asked in a letter. Should I do it? How will I end up like? What would happen?

The door of the study centre opened and my eyes trailed upwards slowly. He spotted me within seconds and he casually made his way to me, waving a few times to a couple of his friends.

"Hey," he greeted me, leaning down to plant a soft kiss on my forehead.

I smiled up at him grimly, knowing how this was going to end.

"We need to talk Marcus."

-

It was the end of the day, and the news of Marcus and I's break-up traveled faster than anything I've ever seen. People were coming up to me, asking me if I was okay, or whether Marcus cheated on me.

After a couple of yes' and no's, I decided to carefully swerve the people that looked ready to bombard me with questions.

I was hiding in one of the toilet stalls, clinging on my phone for dear life. I needed Ivy right now. I was more than scared to step out the stalls, knowing well enough that people were still hanging around school after hours.

But the bird had to leave it's cage one way or the other.

After a few more calming minutes, I stepped out the stall, my chin jutted out slightly. I assured myself that I looked confident and okay, but inside I felt alone and dull. Ruffling my hair and parting it to the side, I stared at my reflection.

"You're okay." I told my reflection.

"Doesn't look like it," a small, soft voice said from behind me. I flicked my head around, my eyes meeting Rani's.

"Hi Rani." I said, putting on the biggest smile I could pull.

She smiled back at me, but it didn't reach her eyes. "You sure you okay?"

I bopped my head at her. "Yeah, yeah. Everything's great."

"I heard about your break-up with Marcus. Was it messy?" She asked tentatively and strangely, with all the other questions of the day, this one I liked the most.

"No, I think I ended it in the nicest way possible."

Her lips curved upwards. "There's never a nice way to end a relationship."

"Well you can say that he didn't take it well."

"Strangely, I don't care about him." If someone else said anything like that it would have sounded rude and hateful but Rani just made it sound innocent.

"I'm not surprised." I said over a chuckle.

"I nearly forgot," Rani pointed a finger behind her, towards the door. "He's kinda waiting for you."

I frowned at her, my forehead wrinkling in response. "Who?"

Rani let out a laughter. "Don't worry, it's not Marcus. It's your delivery boy."

With a frown still on my face, I walked to the door and poked my head out.

And there he was, leaning against a set of lockers, in dark washed out jeans and in a grey tee. As usual, he had a dark hoodie on, the hood covering his head.

"Oh my god, he's actually wearing colourful clothes."

Rani poked her head out as well. "Is that what you-?"

"Rani, no, you don't understand! He's always in black!" I said, pointing at his jeans. I saw his head tilt down to glance at his jeans and I could swear I saw a smile poking out from under his hoodie.

"Oh my god, he smiled!" I exclaimed.

Rani started laughing, her laugh so contagious that I had to smile at her.

A paper came flying and landed gracefully near my foot. I picked it up and narrowed my eyes at him.

"At least give me my letter nicely before you go strutting away."

The boy took a step towards me. "You can read the letter whilst you can follow me somewhere."

My eyes nearly bulged out their sockets. "You want me to follow you?"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you."

Rani shoved me so I was fully out the toilets, prompting me to follow him - he was already walking away.

...

Sophia

Words can go a long way. So can actions. Do me a favour, don't run away from this.

..

I stared at the back of his hooded head, so tempted to yank it down and see the brown haired, brown eyed boy hiding behind it.