"Nothing left: part 1"

Author's note:

This is a shorter chapter because "Nothing left" is split into parts. Not because it's too long, but because there are 2 sides to a story with 2 groups, and it didn't feel right putting both sides into one.

(Idk, just trust me on this. It's mostly for dramatic effect. )

So here we are! Enjoy!

************************************

Everything was silent in its destruction. The light snowfall swiftly covered the surface of the surrounding area in a thin blanket of white. The frigid cold nipped at the green ninja's face as he slowly opened his eyes. His hair and eyelashes were stuck with frost and ice crystals, his face and hands red from frostbite. He barely shivered as he slowly sat up and looked around. He hardly had any energy, but was determined to do something other than lay back down and die. His almost hollow gaze met with a few lumps in a snowbank on the other side of the street. A small part of a light blue fabric fluttered in the wind, the rest appeared to buried under the white blanket of snow. He immediately recognized it as Jay's cloak. He stumbled to get up, but it was hard to move when he couldn't feel anything, so he almost immediately fell over.
He tried to crawl over as desperately as he could, but again, after a few steps, he fell.

But he refused to quit, and eventually made it to the snowbank

But he refused to quit, and eventually made it to the snowbank. He brushed the snow off his friend to reveal Cole was also with him in there. He looked at them in sorrow as he stared at them to see if he could spot any signs of breathing. Jay let out a small puff of breath into the air with a silent exhale. Lloyd smiled as he used all his strength to stand up and pull Jay out of the mound. He sighed as he looked around.

"You can't stay on this snow. Your body takes in the temperature of what you're laying on faster than the air around you. You'll freeze soon if I don't find you somewhere warmer to lay down on..."

But Krux had blown up every house in the village; there was nowhere to...... and then it hit him. That was the plan. The reason they didn't ensure he was dead. They knew the winter weather would finish them off. And if it didn't do it soon enough, they made sure there was nowhere to take shelter and bounce back.

Smart. Evil and sadistic- but smart.

Lloyd dragged a plank of wood from the nearest building and placed Jay on top of it. He did the same with Cole. He then dragged some smaller parts out and lit in on fire with his green energy. He nudged his friends as close to the flame as possible without it being too hot for them. Lloyd looked down at his friends laying lifeless on the ground, then at the green fire. It had been a while since he used that side of his powers. He preferred not to use the "core 4 elemental mimic" ability to often. He stuck with his own element most of the time. Truth be told, he tried to avoid being referred to as the green ninja ever since the apocalypse started. He felt like he completely failed to protect everything, so being called-

"the prophesied hero of the universe"
after that felt wrong to him. But regardless, that wasn't what he should be worried about at the moment. Lloyd, who was warming his hands up with the fire, looked over at where he had just remembered Jason was killed at. Sure enough, Miles was still laying by him. He ran over and dusted the snow off of him. The ninja felt for a pulse, and when he finally felt it, he dragged him over to the fire and tried to help warm him up. He was far more frozen than the others, so Lloyd held him close to try to bring him back faster. Even though he himself was arguably freezing. The hours passed, and the warmth of the green flame kept them warm. Lloyd had been forced to use his copy ability again when the snow became a problem. He made a thinner, but effective cave of ice to shield them from the wind and other elements. Soon enough, Miles, who was still in Lloyd's arms, opened his eyes slightly and looked up at him.

"What- What happened?..." his voice was shaking and weak, but it was enough to snatch Lloyd's attention.

"Oh thank the First Spinjitzu Master! You're alive! How you feeling?"

Miles quietly gazed into the fire with sorrow in his eyes. "He's really gone, isn't he?.."

Lloyd immediately understood that he was talking about Jason and felt horrible. He felt even worse telling him that he was really gone, and that it wasn't a dream. Miles closed his eyes with sadness and started falling back to sleep. The ninja could tell he was still incredibly weak and exhausted, so he let him drift off again. A few minutes later, Jay woke up. The lightning ninja slowly turned his head to look at his friend.

"Lloyd..?..." His voice was also really tired and weak, but it also sounded pained. His foggy sapphire eyes peered around the ice cave and then back up at the green ninja.

"Where- Ah.. ssss... are the others?..."

Jay winced in pain as he shifted positions to make himself more comfortable.
Lloyd looked at the wreckage that once served as their base. "I tried to find them, but I couldn't... I...... think it's just us now."

Jay phased out as he repeated that sentence in his head.

'GONE?! That's it? There's no tricks this time?!? They really are... dead?'
Jay thought.

"W- What about Zane?"

Lloyd glanced over at a broken Zane in the back. His top half was completely broken off of him from the waist up. The blue ninja tried to curl up closer to the fire, but yelled out in pain. He looked at his lower half in panic. Lloyd looked just as worried as he asked what was wrong.

"The- there's something not right. My hip really hurts.... Ug. AGAIN. It's the same one I broke when I fell off Borg Tower. Figures that it would break itself again right when I need it..." Jay was clearly extremely irritated by this revelation, and seemed to be having flashbacks.

"I doubt it's fully broken, but regardless, you should probably stay off of it..."
The green ninja turned to look at the destruction across the street and then back at Cole, who still hadn't showed any sign of regaining consciousness.

"Hey Jay? Where did you park your bike?"

"Assuming that it wasn't blown up, next to the big tree at the village entrance. Why?"

"Because we're getting out of here. It's not safe. Especially with you four in this condition." Lloyd said as he headed out of the cave. Jay semi sat up.

"You know we can't all fit on that thing at once, right?"

The green eyed boy smiled as he left. "I never said we were all riding it..."

A little bit passed, and the ice cave was completely destroyed so there wasn't any evidence of them being alive. Just in case the Time Twins came back. Lloyd hopped on the bike and looked behind him at the makeshift sled he had placed his friends on. The sled was attached to the back of the bike, and the plan was to go just fast enough to escape, but not enough to risk the gang flying off. So that's what they did. With a rev of the engine, they were off. Lloyd looked back at the village he was leaving behind with tears in his eyes.

"Good bye, my brothers...."