1. 𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚗

Start from the beginning

"Oh I see." She answered him, now seemingly a lot friendly. "My name is Beidou, the captain of this ship, I sure was surprised when I heard my men saying they found someone in those waters, although it wouldn't be the first time. Leaving that aside, what's your name, small guy?" She said. Although he was sitting down, she surely towered above him.

He wondered if she was taller than him, and he decided to find out that later, when he would be actually able to stand up.

"My name is Y/N, General of- oops, guess that doesn't work anymore... well, I suppose you're heading to Liyue Harbor?" Beidou seemed to notice his slip up, but she decided to brush it off for now.

"You would be correct, however we had a small change of plans and we might not go near it, still, we are going to go near Guyun Stone Forest, by there you could go to Liyue Harbor." She said not looking at his eyes, almost as if she was with her head somewhere else.

"I would be extremely grateful if you could drop me off there, although I do not have any mora on me at the moment, so I don't mind repaying you by doing some chores around this ship?" He said, before realizing his current clothes were not the ones he was wearing before.

- Someone changed my clothes... -

A small blush formed on his cheeks, as he took notice of that, which was noticed by Beidou, and she smiled brashly.

"You don't need to do such a thing, it's not like we're short on men here, and even if we were I doubt your small body would be able to walk normally!" She chuckles, teasing him slightly.

"How long were you on that raft for you to get so small?" She asked him, as laughs escaped between her words. She had surely gotten a lot more friendly than he imagined at first.

He looked at his own body. He had gone through tough times, as so did his body. He used to be more muscular than now, or was he remembering wrong?

"Just like... two days? Maybe more? I can't really remember..." He said as his memory was indeed a bit fuzzy.

"The waves weren't pushing the boat in the right direction so I had to row for hours to get here..." He said, remembering the pain he had while trying to row with a single piece of wood, which kept breaking.

"... You haven't eaten for days?" The captain's smile quickly turned into a frown. "Uh. Kind of, yes." He answered, and Beidou's face soon shifted to a worried one.

"Hold on for a moment. I'll be right back with some meat, 'kay?" She waited for no answer as she hurried to wherever she went.

He wanted to protest, but his stomach said otherwise.

"...Thanks."

======

After eating for some time, Beidou had left Y/N alone to rest. But his legs were simply waiting for action as he shifted around his bed.

- Beidou is... kind. I wonder how many people like me she helped already. -

He thought, as he turned to the wall next to him.

"Such a pitiful situation I placed myself in... Seems like I'm the trash now." He mumbled, as he soon got tired of the bed. He sat on it, bringing himself up, as he slapped his face with both hands, attempting to motivate himself.

He stood silent, before placing his legs on the ground. He felt the cold texture of the wood grazing against his bare skin as he touched the ground. Soon, he took a deep breath and let his legs carry his weight.

"...Oh... Haha... I can walk!"

"..."

"Hah..."

He exclaimed happily. Soon he realized that was one of the most stupid sentences he had ever said.