One

FEBRUARY 2018

Olivia's POV

"Come on, where are you taking me?" Allison whined as I carefully guided her through the trail. "I thought that we were done with the blindfold thing years ago."

"Years ago? Don't you remember the other night when you--" Despite her eyes being covered, she manages to harshly swat her hand against my arm. "Ow! Hey!"

"You know exactly what I meant, Olivia Flores." She scolded with a chuckle. "Don't act surprised."

"You know, we could always turn back around?"

"Hell no!" She exclaimed in disbelief which causes me to laugh. "Come on, the least you can do is tell me if we're almost there yet."

We approached closer to the large decorated tree filled with lights and once we stood in front of the small picnic I set up for us, it felt like my nerves went to an all-time high.

You got this, Olivia. The worst thing she could say is no...no pressure.

"Okay..." I trail, seeing the photographer get into her position and I take my hands off Allison's shoulders. "We're here but don't take the blindfold off yet."

"Olivia, I swear if we're in our backyard again--"

I take the small box from the picnic basket and move to stand in front of her. "We literally drove to the spot."

"Who knows, maybe you drove us back home!"

"I can promise you I didn't do that." I say, shoving the box into my pocket before I take a deep breath. "Okay, you can take the blindfold off."

She unties the knot from behind and moves the blindfold to the side, her eyes widening in surprise at the sight of the decorated tree and picnic setup. "Oh...my god. Olivia, it's exactly like--"

"When we had our first date." I cut in with a small smile, reaching for her hands to at least soothe my nerves. "We've been through a lot since then, huh?"

"Emphasis on 'a lot'." She laughed, brushing her thumbs across the back of my hands. "What is all of this?"

"Since the day I moved to Beacon Hills, it's changed my life in many different ways and as much as we both hate to admit it," I emphasize which causes her to laugh again. "if it weren't for Gerard forcing me to come over to your locker to talk to you, we would not be here today. If it weren't for all of the unfortunate instances that happened at Beacon Hills, we would not have grown closer. You've been supportive through all of my mess-ups and all of my worst moments where I wanted to give up on everything else, but you refused to give up on me. You believed in me when I didn't even want to believe in myself! Because of that every time I look at you, it reminds me of all of the hardships we got through together and it makes me feel like everything is going to be okay. That we're going to be okay and I see forever with us. I never want that feeling to go away."

I release her hands and dig into my pocket as I get down on one knee, my knees almost buckling at the sight of her tears already streaming down from her eyes. "Olivia..."

"Before we moved in together, I told my mom to hold on to this ring until I knew we were both ready to take the next step...which brings me to ask you this." I open the box, revealing the diamond ring as it gleamed under the lights. "Celestine Allison Argent, will you marry me?"

Allison quickly wipes her tears as she immediately nods. "Yes! God, yes!"

"Really?"

"Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!" She laughs and I quickly stand up, pulling her into a tight embrace as I happily spun us around.