forty one

this chapter also contains mentions of a panic attack. please skip the sections marked with ***.

the next day

Y/N's POV

i woke up to the feeling of felix's arms wrapped around me and the worst headache i had ever experienced in my entire life. i checked the time and it was midday, and the door to felix's room was slowly creaking open.

"i thought as much" i heard a shadow giggle to himself, letting himself in. "i brought some meds and water for both of you, but especially you y/n" i eventually realised that the voice belonged to chris.

"thank you i appreciate it a lot" i said gratefully and he smiled in the darkness.

"i'm gonna leave you guys to it, you both seem very comfortable" he said teasingly and shut the door behind him.

i took the meds and then laid quietly so i didn't disturb felix. suddenly my phone started ringing and without checking who it was, i answered the call. i figured it was my mom updating me on how the rest of the family is doing.

"hey bitch, i hope you're having a shit day" fuck, it's the bitch from the mall.

"what do you want?" i asked bluntly. i could have hung up but i wanted to hear more from her.

"i want you to get off your pedestal and remember that no one owes you their time, especially when they don't deserve it"

"what?" i say in hungover confusion, checking i hadn't woken felix up yet.

"no one cares about you in this school, no one gives a fuck about you or what happens to you"

"i don't care what any of you think, plus we aren't even in school anymore. your popularity is over" i said as confidently as i could, even though it was definitely getting to me.

she began berating me with many horrible names. telling me everything she could have done to me or my family, and most importantly that no one would care. i gave up trying to defend myself but i couldn't bring myself to hang up for a long time, i was frozen in shock. eventually i did end the call, but then my phone was infiltrated with horrid texts coming from many numbers.

*** my anxiety increased and increased to the point that i began to panic. texts saying that she would come and find me and hurt everyone i care about flooded in and i lost control of my breath.

i tried to get myself to calm down but i couldn't do it. felix stirred and when he noticed what was happening he immediately jumped up to help me. he placed a hand on my back to comfort me, but little did he know it made my heart race.

"it's going to be okay" he said, his morning voice shocking me for a moment.

"name three things you can see"

"bed, door, and water"

"name three things you can feel"

"the blanket, my clothes, and your hand"

"three things you can hear"

"your voice, someone cooking, and someone snoring" i said making both of us laugh.

i gradually calmed down and felix hugged me to comfort me.

"how are you so good at calming people down?" i asked and he began stroking my back with his thumb.

"i learned about the technique i use for jisung, so i tried to use it for you and it seems to work well"

"it does, thank you"

we talked about what happened and he asked if he could have my phone to block all the numbers that were texting me. i said yes and he quickly did that for me which i really appreciated.

***

"let's go get some food, chris is cooking" felix said, dragging me to the kitchen.

i lowkey stumbled as he dragged me but i sat down quietly, holding my head because it still felt bad.

"looks like you two had a good night" jisung laughed at seungmin's comment. i was confused until i looked down.

apparently i was wearing felix's shirt.

————————

hey everyone

i apologise for the long break

this account used to be run by two people, but now it is going to be managed by one of us. i hope you can still enjoy the stories just as much as before.

i will try to update as much as i can, i hope you can understand if there are more large gaps in chapter uploads however i am going to try my best to update more frequently.

thank you for your time <3